Online Series: Mindhunter (Netflix)

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Through the first 6 episodes. So glad they dropped this when they did because HBO has a bit of hole for me personally at the moment. Really loving it as much as the first season.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Lots of love for Mindhunter in this thread, and while I do enjoy it, I don't think it's quite on the level some are making it out to be

Stylistically it's great, and the actors seem to be doing a fine job, but I wonder if the acclaim for the show stems more from having interest in the subject matter, rather than the overall execution of the show

They nail the casting. They nail the props. They nail the interviews.

What more can they do?

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Anyone else find it weird that Holden's panic attack and possible panic syndrome were just kinda dropped later in the season? I thought for sure they were building it up to actually affect Holden's actions but I guess not.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I guess just including him in this season makes it a bit scattered. I don't know.

I think a big part of BTK's presence this season was to show that he doesn't fit the profile of what Holden and the rest of the BSU assume is the case for all serial killers (has a job, is married, generally blends in). As Kemper said to Holden in episode 5 before the Manson interview - "you're basing everything you know about serial killers on the ones that have been caught". It illustrates that while Holden is very bright and has good intuition, it is still very early days for the BSU and the methodologies have a long way to go.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I forgot to ask if anyone knows do any of the Netflix shows get ever get released on Blu-ray? I can't find it on Amazon so I'm guessing they don't because this is serious I would definitely buy.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm about halfway thru season 2 and really enjoying it. However, the horrible makeup job is very distracting. Its pretty clear the lighting team and makeup weren't on the same page with what each wanted to do. Pretty odd oversight from an otherwise topnotch series.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
During the bowling alley scene I saw an Iron City Light neon sign in the background and was wondering where they filmed that. And I randomly found out where this weekend just because I drove by it and they had a sign that mentioned Mindhunter. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I guess just including him in this season makes it a bit scattered. I don't know.
Well, he’s active in this time frame. The murders covered this season took place in 1979-1981, while the BTK killer was active from 1074-1991. So at this point we’re in the middle of his spree, and it’s obvious he’ll be playing a good part in the storyline of the show moving forward.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Well, he’s active in this time frame. The murders covered this season took place in 1979-1981, while the BTK killer was active from 1074-1991. So at this point we’re in the middle of his spree, and it’s obvious he’ll be playing a good part in the storyline of the show moving forward.

vampire serial killer??

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Season 1 was better. Why was Anna Torv even in season 2? She is a great character and all they used her for was that stupid relationship. Tench continues to be the best thing on the show.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Season 1 was better. Why was Anna Torv even in season 2? She is a great character and all they used her for was that stupid relationship. Tench continues to be the best thing on the show.
Agree with all of this. Didn’t like her season two story at all.
Ten bucks each to play in the arcade? I was lucky if I brought a dollar to the arcade. Once in a while I had two dollars and I thought I was in heaven!

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just finished season 2, thought it was great although started to be a bit drawn out but really enjoyed it as much as season 1. Looking forward to season 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad