Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Wild re-sign Jason Zucker (2 years, $2M AAV)

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Great value for Zucker, not sure what happened to him in the 2nd half but think he will thrive under BB.

2 mil could be a steal, especially if there is some term there.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Great value for Zucker, not sure what happened to him in the 2nd half but think he will thrive under BB.

2 mil could be a steal, especially if there is some term there.
A lot of things were going wrong for the Wild last season.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
A lot of things were going wrong for the Wild last season.

:laugh: And this may even be an understatement. For perspective: before the season started, I thought this was the version of our team that had the best chance at a cup since their inception. What followed was just head shakingly bad. Like this :shakehead.

Zucker is good but wildly inconsistent, a bridge deal makes the most sense for a player like that. Lock them down for cheap for a couple seasons, and see what you've got by the end of it. Good deal, if true, for both sides.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Glad it looks like we are getting him signed to a reasonable contract. Always liked him. Hoping to can develop some consistency to his game. If not we can always leave him exposed to the expansion draft.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Not the biggest fan of Zucker, but that's a good deal.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Fresh start with a new coach.

This is a no-brainer, if he turns things around, great, fantastic problem to have. If he doesn't, we expose him at the expansion draft without an ounce of hesitation.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
hope to see him deliver on his promise as fast, middle six sniper. Started out well last year, but went south once he got his bell rung during the outdoor game.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Solid deal.

I think he's got to work out his confidence issues going forward. It was reported a few years ago that Yeo wasn't particularly fond of Zucker because he wasn't responsible enough defensively, and I don't think Yeo ever really fully trusted Zucker. Since then he's been asked to fill in on every line over the last couple seasons and getting him on a consistent line with players he can mesh with would be huge for him. Hopefully Boudreau can help bring out the fire in Zucker again, because when he's working, the kid looks amazing.

Golden Gophers 4649

Minnesota Hockey Fan
Jun 15, 2015
Minneapolis
If they don't find a center somewhere this team had better get used to enjoying 10th place in the west. Granlund isn't a #1 or #2 so right now Fletcher's club has Koivu at age 33 and Haula who has had 30 games showing he might be a capable #2.

My guess is they go into next season with Koivu, Haula, Graovac and Dominic Moore as their 4 centers. Moving Coyle makes him less effective offensively and weakens them on wing.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
There's our off season splash, eh. NBD. If he improves this will be a bargain and if he sucks it's only $2m

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Why....you want him? Bag of pucks is the starting point for a deal.

At 2 million I take him on my team any day. He's scores goals at a good clip and is good enough defensively to maintain solid possession numbers.

For 2 million, you can't really ask for much more in your middle-six.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad