Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Wild re-sign Jason Zucker (2 years, $2M AAV)

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Great at breakaways and penalty killing. Good shot.

Bad at passing (can't pass at all), puck possession, playing any system, team defense, physical play, goal front, board play. Might score 25 or sit in the pressbox half the season.

Hopefully Las Vegas picks Zucker in the expansion draft for being a home town boy. Hidden value signing.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Great at breakaways and penalty killing. Good shot.

Bad at passing (can't pass at all), puck possession, playing any system, team defense, physical play, goal front, board play. Might score 25 or sit in the pressbox half the season.

Hopefully Las Vegas picks Zucker in the expansion draft for being a home town boy. Hidden value signing.

I don't think he's "bad" at any of those things.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
When he first came up I'd say all those criticisms were fair, but then he seemed to "get it" and looked better. Then he disappeared.

He and Haula. I get the feeling both of them get too comfortable playing and they revert back to instinctual hockey like they're on the ice playing with friends instead of in the game playing a "bigger picture" kind of match. Playing the system didn't become habit.

Good news is that you can overcome that.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
There's our off season splash, eh. NBD. If he improves this will be a bargain and if he sucks it's only $2m

Good 3rd liners usually cost more than 2m. So at worst Zucker is paid more or less accordingly. At best, it's pretty good value for MIN.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Good 3rd liners usually cost more than 2m. So at worst Zucker is paid more or less accordingly. At best, it's pretty good value for MIN.

At his worst in big stretches though he's not even a good 3rd liner, when he's neither responsible in his own end or scoring. So at worst I'd say he's a $2m sitting in the press box.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Zucker is basically the Wilds version of Hagelin, who also took a while to get it at least on semi consistent basis. But still a useful player to have in the middle of your lineup.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Zucker is basically the Wilds version of Hagelin, who also took a while to get it at least on semi consistent basis. But still a useful player to have in the middle of your lineup.

Also a useful player to have exposed in next years expansion draft considering where he was born.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad