Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Wild and Dumba settle (5 years, $6M AAV)

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Good deal for Minny.
Had a breakout year and put up big numbers, albeit with the Boudreau effect. Seems like a dman in a similar mold as Faulk.

Reactions: surdle

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just what I expected. Great deal, will be a bargain by the end of it.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
A player who has actually gotten better every season he has been in the league.

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 4.31.40 AM.png

If this progression continues, and I'm sure it will, this deal is a steal for Fenton.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Given what Rielly and Lindholm went for this is a horrific contract. Doesn’t help Jets with Trouba either.

Reactions: Intact

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
A player who has actually gotten better every season he has been in the league.

View attachment 131123
If this progression continues, and I'm sure it will, this deal is a steal for Fenton.
Don't expect any huge progression - he's 24 and aging curves are showing that that's nowadays that's actually around players production primes
Given what Rielly and Lindholm went for this is a horrific contract. Doesn’t help Jets with Trouba either.
Steals of contracts do not make other contracts horrific.

Hopefully Trouba's asking for 8+ though :)

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Fair deal but I would have added to the AAV to add more term if you ask me. I’m guessing this deal takes him to UFA, rather lock up years at least years 6 and 7. That would have taken him to 30, he has a great trade asset just before decline when he can be somebody else’s problem IMO.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Fair deal but I would have added to the AAV to add more term if you ask me. I’m guessing this deal takes him to UFA, rather lock up years at least years 6 and 7. That would have taken him to 30, he has a great trade asset just before decline when he can be somebody else’s problem IMO.
He's 24 (in 4 days) now so it takes him to 29.
Why, Dumba's numbers are on par with Reilly's and Lindholm's, he doubled Reilly in goals, and he isn't a minus player either?

Also, if the playoffs were any indication, Trouba is pretty overrated.
Dumba is not on Reilly and Lindholm's level.

I don't know why you're mentioning +/- as if it's relevant.
I don't believe that at all when it comes to D-men, prime example John Carlson.
1 example does not prove me wrong.
overall-war-f_d.png

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Those contracts should not be directly compared. Dumba was bridged. Lindholm and Rielly were not.

Dumba's post-ELC, RFA compensation comes out at $35.1 mil over 7 years. That will end up being less than what Lindholm and Rielly earn over the same span in their careers, assuming Rielly gets a raise and Lindholm doesn't take a paycut in the 1st year of their next contracts.

Criticizing this contract is really criticizing Minnesota for not gambling on Dumba. Doing that, however, ignores the benefit the Wild recieved by going cheap with him the past two seasons.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Those contracts should not be directly compared. Dumba was bridged. Lindholm and Rielly were not.

Dumba's post-ELC, RFA compensation comes out at $35.1 mil over 7 years. That will end up being less than what Lindholm and Rielly earn over the same span in their careers, assuming Rielly gets a raise and Lindholm doesn't take a paycut in the 1st year of their next contracts.

Criticizing this contract is really criticizing Minnesota for not gambling on Dumba. Doing that, however, ignores the benefit the Wild recieved by going cheap with him the past two seasons.
Most likely there was a gentlemen‘s agreement in place.
He had to prove first to be worth his money...and he did.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
All this talk about points and trophee nonsense, is totally annoying.

He has so many points, he has been nominated this many times...

Just watch a player.

Personally I feel he needs to improve defensively if that is still possible. Last thing I remember he was not very good in the Jets series and was directly responsible for a couple of goals.

Reactions: marty111

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Uhhh yeah. Not only that but Lindholm and Reilly were both signed two years ago under a lesser cap, neither with even a 40+ point season at the time.

And anybody that doesn't think arbitration eligibility has a big effect on a player's negotiating power, look at Mantha and Athanasiou's contracts. Same team signs two players within a week of each other. Mantha is clearly the better player, but only gets $300K/per more because he didn't have arbitration rights and AA did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad