Confirmed Trade: [MIN/NYR] Ryan Reaves for 2025 5th round pick

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Who cares? Wilson will not actually fight Ryan Reaves or someone who can actually fight. Reaves is a waste of a roster spot. I am actually disappointed the Rags will be able to fill his spot with someone who can play hockey.

I guess we'll see what happens when they play each other in 2023.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Can't say I follow the wild close, and not saying this is 4D Chess, but some times teams need this type of guy to be brought in to have that on the ice and/or in the room.

Saw it time after time in Colorado in the glory days. Sometimes the Avs just needed the Parker effect to kick in - or some variation of it. (Parker, Odgers, McLeod, Simon, and yes even Cummins) That type of guy can jump start a team, be it with the big hit or just him being there. MacDermid is that guy now, depth player that is there if you need it.

The Wild were unlikely - IMO at least - to go big game hunting this year. Low cost move that could maybe make some guys more comfortable on the ice and shake things up when things are flat. They cleared out some cap dollars when Jost was picked up on waivers.

Plus, at worst Reeves returns at least the same pick at the deadline, if not higher, to a team looking to depth/beef up.
Parker...a name from the past. Although I liked more obscure pick-ups of that ilk like Frankie LeRoux and David Koci.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad