Confirmed Trade: [MIN/NYR] Ryan Reaves for 2025 5th round pick

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
"Locker room presence"...I could honestly not care less about that. If that was the extent of his "contributions", then great, he shouldn't have seen ice and just pepped-talked the boys all day. The fact remains, he was a drag on the ice, and whenever that was pointed out it got a bunch of tripe back from Rangers fans about grit, hits, and "intimidation".

Not acting like he was "the" reason the Rangers lost games. Just pointing out the change in tune. Don't think the Rangers had a plethora of fourth-line guys to replace him, but they could have put the most vanilla, nothing hockey player out there instead of Reaves and they'd have been better off than a guy that was an active hindrance.
Says the team who claimed Mason Geertsens from the Rangersthen resigned him I believe, lol

Guy was thrilled to join the Rangers all for this lol.
Everyone is thrilled to join the Rangers. Look I get it, it’s not downtown Newark but it ain’t to bad either

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Does this mean that there's someone worse than Reaves on the Minny roster that he's coming to replace?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
He was rostered most of last year and actually played 25 games for you, that’s funnier than any Reeves dig
A whole 25 games? That’s like a third of the games Reaves played and on a team that was trying to compete.

And fun fact, when he did play, he actually managed not to get caved in and performed better by a fairly wide margin than Reaves.

It really isn’t funnier at all, you’re lying to yourself.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Don't the Capitals play NYR 4 times coming up? Wilson might be back soon.

I'm sure he'll be on his best behavior...
I don't doubt for one second Wilson gets suspended this season yet ...

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
A whole 25 games? That’s like a third of the games Reaves played and on a team that was trying to compete.

And fun fact, when he did play, he actually managed not to get caved in and performed better by a fairly wide margin than Reaves.

Didn’t mean to offend you, just exploring the irony of a team playing Geertsen and poking fun at Reeves. Have a nice holiday!

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Reaves did a lot more for them off the ice than on the ice. He was a good personality/character in the locker room. Got them pumped up.

If we had a fast top 9, we could've afford to have a slow Reaves in the line-up on the 4th line. But being that our team plays so slow, Reaves is just adding to that disaster. There's just no longer a need for him in the line-up. But signing him wasn't a mistake either. He helped the team and it didn't involving just throwing hands.

Reaves was more useful than Geertsen. Don't kid yourself. The entire NYR team got caved in hence Igor winning the Vezina.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Foligon is a plug. What else does he bring besides toughness?
not sure if you're trying to bait me with this weird take or what but yeah, when we picked him up it wasn't with any expectation other than he can "stand up for teammates" and skates decently enough to keep up. Turned out more useful, however. how many players in everyone's bottom six across the league score 42 points?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
:huh: He scored 23 goals last year. Excellent defensively, great forechecker, very physical, good speed, good size. Wins battles both on the boards, and in front of the net. Very useful player at his cap hit... his ability to fight is the least of his attributes. Almost every team will have a place for him in their lineup.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Reaves did a lot more for them off the ice than on the ice. He was a good personality/character in the locker room. Got them pumped up.

If we had a fast top 9, we could've afford to have a slow Reaves in the line-up on the 4th line. But being that our team plays so slow, Reaves is just adding to that disaster. There's just no longer a need for him in the line-up. But signing him wasn't a mistake either. He helped the team and it didn't involving just throwing hands.

Reaves was more useful than Geertsen. Don't kid yourself. The entire NYR team got caved in hence Igor winning the Vezina.
I’m not saying Geertsen is a good player, but all available metrics show that he performed better than Reaves, that’s how bad he is. Unfortunately, intimidation and pump-ups per 60 are both not tracked stats and completely made up.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
:huh: He scored 23 goals last year. Excellent defensively, great forechecker, very physical, good speed, good size. Wins battles both on the boards, and in front of the net. Very useful player at his cap hit... his ability to fight is the least of his attributes. Almost every team will have a place for him in their lineup.
That guy calling a plug was just kidding.. Right?

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
On one of the best shutdown lines in the league. Good secondary scoring. I'd also argue he's more the captain that Spurgeon is regardless of him not wearing the 'C'.

You apparently don't know much about the guy, so your default response is 'he's a plug'. Maybe ask the question first, before putting the ignorance part at the beginning of your post next time.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Don't the Capitals play NYR 4 times coming up? Wilson might be back soon.

I'm sure he'll be on his best behavior...
Who cares? Wilson will not actually fight Ryan Reaves or someone who can actually fight. Reaves is a waste of a roster spot. I am actually disappointed the Rags will be able to fill his spot with someone who can play hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad