Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Matt Dumba (2 years, $2.55M AVV)

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Barring trades, i suspect thats what happens. Unprotect Sandella and Brodin. Whatever one is left plays 2nd pair LHD.

seems very unlikely. I would thing there would be teams out there who would give up some value for those guys and then protect them.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
seems very unlikely. I would thing there would be teams out there who would give up some value for those guys and then protect them.

Trade one, Vegas takes one, and then we have none and a hole in the #2 LD spot

Trade both, we have none, and a hole in the #2 LD spot

Trade none, Vegas takes one, and we move forward with a Suter/Spurgeon/Dumba/one of Scandella/Brodin top 4 for the next 3+ years. Sucks, but the owners just had to have their $17M checks.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota

We keep hearing things like this, and then not seeing anything come of it.

Who's going to give us something that's worth protecting more than the player themselves? We missed the boat on a trade for Johansen, and it's unlikely there's anyone else out there who fits the same bill.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So much can happen in the next year: injuries, improvements, regressions, coach BB doesn't like xyz defender, trades, maybe Zucker or Staal have great years and they get picked.

Too soon to guess what will happens during the next 11 months.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Pretty much exactly what I expected. For both term and price.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
This is about right. $2.5ish is what i've been saying. Hopefully this board will be full of "is this the best contract in the league right now" bragging halfway through the year. :)

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site

Trade none, Vegas takes one, and we move forward with a Suter/Spurgeon/Dumba/one of Scandella/Brodin top 4 for the next 3+ years. Sucks, but the owners just had to have their $17M checks.

Yes, well said.

I want to have this season to evaluate. Brodin, Scandella, Dumba, even throw Spurgeon into the mix: given guys like Reilly, Olofsson, Folin, Seeler, waiting in the wings, I'm not too worried.

Dumb seems like a protection priority to me unless he face plants this season.

Brodin is perhaps the most expendable, given the cap hit.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yes, well said.

I want to have this season to evaluate. Brodin, Scandella, Dumba, even throw Spurgeon into the mix: given guys like Reilly, Olofsson, Folin, Seeler, waiting in the wings, I'm not too worried.

Dumb seems like a protection priority to me unless he face plants this season.

Brodin is perhaps the most expendable, given the cap hit.

The only way that trading both Scandella and Brodin would work is if a) we were able to make a serious run at a guy like Karl Alzner next summer (and with $8M off the books, we might be able to, if he would get there) or b) Dumba takes an exceptional leap forward in all 200 ft (enough that we could be confident playing him with Suter) and guys like Olofsson or Reilly play well enough to pencil one of them into a top 4 spot (on a pairing with Spurgeon).

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

This.

Better situation, Staal rebounds even a bit. Is best C available, we keep all of them.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
High end baseball players like pitchers make good money to play every 5 days, or closers who play 1 inning, or a DH who just has to hit the ball (easy to type that I know)

Not your run of the mill ball players. Lots make under 1M.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Great deal for the Wild, but it's going to cost them in a couple years if he develops as expected.

Yeah, but they already have 4 Dmen on long term contracts. Having 5 doesn't make a lot of sense cap wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad