Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Jordie Benn signs with the Wild (1 year, $900k)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
And they can still do that , if he can't out perform them they will let him play if he can its no loss to the cap . If he can't its around the same cap hit.

None of it effects kaprizov

yes, i know. but this is real money. Merrill is set to make $850K and Benn $900k in real money, even if it doesn't affect the cap. it seems like an odd choice to pay these guys to play in the minors for 8x (?) the average AHL salary. A couple of them, potentially, anyway.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
yes, i know. but this is real money. Merrill is set to make $850K and Benn $900k in real money, even if it doesn't affect the cap. it seems like an odd choice to pay these guys to play in the minors for 8x (?) the average AHL salary. A couple of them, potentially, anyway.
If they have the money to spend it should be fine. If a couple of those guys are in the ahl its vet presence and guys that play the right way and will stick up for their younger teammates.

You want that if you can afford it.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Another Benning/Aquilini/Weisbrod special, paid accordingly finally
5l4wi6.jpg

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Not when he's blocking a ready top prospect.
Not picking on Minnesota fans but this site gets so myopic over prospects.

Jordie Benn makes an amount of money that is easily buried in the minors if he doesn't make the team. GMs don't want to gift spots to young players, they want to make them beat out an actual NHL player to earn it.

Reactions: Get North

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
it's still a lot of nhl quality (if barely) D to sign unless it's a "options open" move in case we deal Dumba. Considering we protected him i don't think that's likely but it seems like overkill to fill the AHL roster.
How is moving Dumba an option for MN after losing Suter and Soucy? MN would be left with Brodin, Spurgeon, and a bunch of old or untalented Dmen.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
How is moving Dumba an option for MN after losing Suter and Soucy? MN would be left with Brodin, Spurgeon, and a bunch of old or untalented Dmen.

all in for offense! or something. i said it wasn't likely. And then of course Addison would be playing so Brodin, Spurgeon, a bunch of old/untalented Dmen and a prospect.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Did not like his on ice time with the Jets last year.
He seemed poor in essentially all areas of the game and was a net negative.
Jets fans were hoping for some type of top 4 D help last year and this was all Chevy pulled off... ugh. Good thing our GM was much more successful in that department this summer then last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad