Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Jordie Benn signs with the Wild (1 year, $900k)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
well as we picked up Gologoski, Merrill, Kulikov, and now Benn it doesn't seem like Addison will even get a good look.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Someone already mentioned exactly this but I'll say it again because of it's accuracy. Benn is a great 7th d-man to fill in for about 30 games a season but if he is a fixture on your blueline your depth is an issue.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Benn was HORRIFIC for the Jets after the deadline last season. Paul Maurice loves his garbo goodpro vets like Beaulieu and Bitetto, and even with his hate for rookies, he benched Benn for rookie Logan Stanley. Good luck if he's on the ice, Minne!

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
well as we picked up Gologoski, Merrill, Kulikov, and now Benn it doesn't seem like Addison will even get a good look.
2 0f 4 isn't making the roster. Exaggeration much?

Calen addison wouldn't have played in playoffs if wild didn't love him, and he will have zero competition for roster

Last edited:

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
2 0it of 4 isn't making the roster exaggeration much?

Calen addison wouldn't have played in playoffs if wild didn't love him, and he will have zero competition for roster

i have no idea what that first sentence says but aside from Gologoski those other three are what people claim are decent #6-7 defensemen. What are we doing with all of them. We have four defensemen, three of whom we just signed, vying for 2 D spots.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
i have no idea what that first sentence says but aside from Gologoski those other three are what people claim are decent #6-7 defensemen. What are we doing with all of them. We have four defensemen, three of whom we just signed, vying for 2 D spots.

Fixed it. but here's the lineup for you
Jonas brodin, Matt dumba
Jared spurgeon , Alex G
Calen addison, Dmitry K

Depth d / extra D
Jamie B

AHL
Jamie B
Merrill
Ian M

All players of 1 year, or two years 2-way deals in the 250-600th thousands

Last edited:

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
There will always be a market for depth defensemen at the deadline.

Wild will do good by flipping him for a pick

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I fully respect this dude's career. I legit thought he'd be out of the league years ago, but he always manages to find a deal.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN

You kind of hope Addison will push his way onto the team but at some point you have to give him an extended look and kind of hard to do if they put a wall of vets in front of him.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
You kind of hope Addison will push his way onto the team but at some point you have to give him an extended look and kind of hard to do if they put a wall of vets in front of him.

exactly. he's gotta have a little rope (more than a handful of games) to figure things out. having a passel of vets in front of him makes it look like he has to impress immediately.

Also with Guerin making statements about wanting a little tougher element on the back end makes it look like the three big guys are there to push each other for the spots while addison is really auditioning for...Gologoski's spot?

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Fixed it. but here's the lineup for you
Jonas brodin, Matt dumba
Jared spurgeon , Alex G
Calen addison, Dmitry K

Depth d / extra D
Jamie B

AHL
Jamie B
Merrill
Ian M

All players of 1 year, or two years 2-way deals in the 250-600th thousands

it's still a lot of nhl quality (if barely) D to sign unless it's a "options open" move in case we deal Dumba. Considering we protected him i don't think that's likely but it seems like overkill to fill the AHL roster.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
You can bury all of that by sending him to the minors it has no effect.
to be clear i'm not upset by this signing--i was just speculating why some people are against it. I just find it odd we are scooping up this number of NHL vets when I was hoping Addison would get a solid, long look.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
to be clear i'm not upset by this signing--i was just speculating why some people are against it. I just find it odd we are scooping up this number of NHL vets when I was hoping Addison would get a solid, long look.

And they can still do that , if he can't out perform them they will let him play if he can its no loss to the cap . If he can't its around the same cap hit.

None of it effects kaprizov

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2