Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Jon Merrill signs extension (3 years, $1.2M AAV)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Can't complain when you're only paying an extra 250K for someone with experience like him, he's been on some terrible teams and has always been a #5/6 can step into top 4 for short stretches without looking to bad

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
upload_2022-1-12_11-57-19.png

From Dom at the Athletic.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Good for Jon. I was a fan of his in NJ when many wrote him off, he's exactly what many see now - not a star but good, reliable depth that will keep your defensive core stable in case of injuries or other factors.

Good deal for Minny.

Reactions: rynryn

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
It's not odd at all. The AAV is solid and you don't fall off a cliff at age 30. There are many players who produce well from 30-35 and he's only signed till 32. This is a value contract for the Wild and they can pencil in a bottom pairing spot down for 3 years.

I didn't realize how solid he was playing for Minny, since I don't watch a lot of their games. I made assumptions based on his past play, and on bottom pairing type guys usually getting shorter term deals. My bad for assuming instead of knowing.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad