Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] D Brock Faber signs ELC with the Wild (3 years, $925k AAV)

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I wasn't in-tune at all with prospects back in 2009-10, but I can't imagine that he looks much different than Ryan McDonagh looked coming out of college at 20/21 years old.

He's been my ceiling comparable, although maybe a lazy one, since last summer. Hoping he at least can be the 2nd pair version of that.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He is in the lineup tonight against Chicago if anyone wants to catch his first NHL game. Rossi also back in the lineup while the Wild rest some of their big guns and try and find a replacement for JEE.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Man, some of the comparisons on here… Suter? Seriously?

I hope I am wrong, but I saw nothing special with him in college. He probably should have been drafted in the late first rather than the second. The jump from the NCAA to the AHL is not small, nor is the jump from the AHL to the NHL, nvm to a top 4 spot, yet some here are suggesting that he will do it right away?

Fiala is an explosive, first line wing in his prime . You trade a couple of late firsts for that all day long.

A guy like Brodin was a defensive prodigy. Faber isn’t even close to where he was at a similar age.

Common mistake made here. Fiala has never been a first line winger. He is a one man band who strengths are negated by playing off of the puck with other top level players at even strength. Fiala is a ridiculously high scoring middle six winger who needs to play with linemates who defer to him as the primary threat, thus making him a very productive, very expensive supporting player who is also a known diver and hot head who takes a ton of stupid penalties and gives away multiple short-handed goals.

I love watching him play, but dude is a chaos factory and I am not so sure that he actually helps anybody. Minnesota sure seems like they took his loss in stride.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Common mistake made here. Fiala has never been a first line winger. He is a one man band who strengths are negated by playing off of the puck with other top level players at even strength. Fiala is a ridiculously high scoring middle six winger who needs to play with linemates who defer to him as the primary threat, thus making him a very productive, very expensive supporting player who is also a known diver and hot head who takes a ton of stupid penalties and gives away multiple short-handed goals.

I love watching him play, but dude is a chaos factory and I am not so sure that he actually helps anybody. Minnesota sure seems like they took his loss in stride.
Except for the significant portion of the season that we were an absolute dumpster fire on offense 5v5, and if not for a goalie that (very unexpectedly) is going to finish with clearly the 2nd best stats in the league, would've sunk us way below where we are sitting now, then sure, in stride.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

You’re twisting yourself in semantic knots trying to say he’s not a 1st line wing, when he actuallly is an elite 1st line wing in his prime.
Oh, and Boldy looked awful without Fiala for 6o% of the year.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
You’re twisting yourself in semantic knots trying to say he’s not a 1st line wing, when he actuallly is an elite 1st line wing in his prime.
Oh, and Boldy looked awful without Fiala for 6o% of the year.
Name one first line he has played on for longer than a week or two. Certainly hasn't happened in Los Angeles, and his breakout in Minnesota was on a secondary scoring unit as well.

Regarding Boldy, well, you just proved my point. Fiala isn't the same player when lined up with other talented puck carriers, you know, the guys who usually play on the first line.

Go ahead, I'll wait. You are clearly confusing stats for actual play, which probably explains your poor take on Faber as well.

Reactions: Minnewildsota

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Except for the significant portion of the season that we were an absolute dumpster fire on offense 5v5, and if not for a goalie that (very unexpectedly) is going to finish with clearly the 2nd best stats in the league, would've sunk us way below where we are sitting now, then sure, in stride.
Dude has a massive hate boner for Fiala for reasons none of us know

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
How good is this guy supposed to be if the wild traded Fiala for him?
Most wild fans compare him to the offensive ability of Makar, the defence of Nick Lindstrom and the physicality of Scott Stevens. I’ve been told he’s expected to push Brodin down to the 2nd pair.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
A player, whose linemates defer to him to make things happen, while at the same time is a supporting player on his line and not a line driver?

Do you know what a line driver and a supporting player is, because your post seems to indicate you have zero clue what you’re talking about.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Most wild fans compare him to the offensive ability of Makar, the defence of Nick Lindstrom and the physicality of Scott Stevens. I’ve been told he’s expected to push Brodin down to the 2nd pair.
Bobby Orr dreams of skating like Faber. Steve Yzerman was nothing until he took leadership classes from Brock. Pavel Dastyuk once said "that guy is undekable."

But for real, it was a very nice first game for Faber tonight, he played great and looked confident and poised, way beyond his years. Saved multiple goals with his stick work and almost chipped in a few at the other end. Led the team in TOI, including being out there for the empty net winner. Has to give the organization some confidence to see that kind of play this early.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Was good tonight. No big wow moment, but just looked vg out there. The D was under siege all night, because MN sat their top3 Dmen, and their best defensive forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad