Confirmed Trade: [MIN/ANA] Nic Deslauriers for 2023 3rd round pick

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Remember at the start of the year when NYR traded for Reeves and then Jeff marek tricked ducks fans into thinking DLo would return a first? Good times.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Is there a chance he didn’t want to re-sign with Anaheim? Seems like he was a perfect guy for a rebuild.

I'm hoping that it was a conversation between him & Verbeek - "Hey can we trade you away for a couple of months to get a pick? Don't sell your house as we want you back with a raise & at least two years worth of contract..."

Reactions: Yemeth

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
He was a well liked teammate who helped the younger players a lot and did his role well. The 3rd round pick has a fairly low chance of becoming an NHLer.
players like him can come and go every year. if that 3rd becomes anything, its a win. Why hold onto a guy you can get another way? Better yet, play a younger player

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Actually, players like Deslauriers are hard to find. A very good fighter who can actually play some hockey.
his stats are pretty awful. im totally fine with it an happy about it. No need to have him in the lineup really and he isn't going to help this team in a few years time. The 3rd, possibly can and you take that all day

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Not a huge fan of the trade from the Wilds pov. Reads like a tdl "move for the sake of a move" situation.

He's tough for sure, but has some pretty ugly underlying numbers

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why does a team with Foligno, Duhaime and Greenway acquires Deslauriers lol
Duhaime is a mediocre middleweight at best, Greenway can't fight. Foligno can, but he is more valuable on the ice. Next time they have to face a guy like McDermid they have an answer. I get it. Not at all mad at Guerin for doing this, but the trouble with MN is not that they can't score, or aren't tough enough, but that they can't keep the puck out of their net.

Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Good move to add another depth piece, MN has an extremely compact schedule remaining, need some guys that can play to get into the rotation so the whole team isn’t dead for the playoffs. Nice to have a guy that can throw it around too and take the pressure off the GREEF line, who can focus more on the hockey side of things than the purely physical stuff.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Quote even one Ducks poster saying Deslauliers will get a first...

Okay, here's a couple I responded to in the original thread. The while thread is full of ducks fans laughing at people for not taking the rumor seriously.

He literally said he talked to someone around the league that said he could bring in a first. That part is a legitimate rumor, not speculation.

If you don't want to believe that he talked to someone, that whoever that someone is is full of shit, or if marek just blatantly lied, that's a different conversation.

I might think its more likely that Des returns the 1st overall pick than Marek just making things up. Whatever you think of these guys, they don't invent shit, there's no reason to.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Okay, here's a couple I responded to in the original thread. The while thread is full of ducks fans laughing at people for not taking the rumor seriously.
How is this proof that I said Des would get a first? That's what you get when reading it back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad