Confirmed Trade: [MIN/ANA] Nic Deslauriers for 2023 3rd round pick

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Nothing but good things to say about Deslauriers as a Ducks fan. He's steadily improved from being "just" a fighter, to not only one of the league's toughest heavyweights but also a solid 4th line player who has contributed on the PK and even been wearing an 'A' lately. Sad to see him go, though hopefully he's back this summer.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Is there a chance he didn’t want to re-sign with Anaheim? Seems like he was a perfect guy for a rebuild.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Excellent MOVE!!!! I thought Edmonton would beat this offer. But I was expecting a 2nd not a 3rd. Either way good trade. Now it’s time to see what Maxime Comtois fetches

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
He's 31, so it's not really hard to see if they wanted to move on.
That doesn’t really matter, Deslaurier is a 4th liner, no team is going to give him a long contract. The point is that he helps acts as a vet and enforcer for the young guys while they establish themselves.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Hopefully Ottawa can get a 3rd for Watson...

I'd take Deslauriers over Watson easily though. Better at pretty much everything. More physical, faster, stronger, better fighter.

I'd probably add more disciplined as well. Des isn't a saint but he takes very few dumb penalties for someone in that role.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
That sets the price for guys like Watson
Deslauriers is much tougher player and skates/hits better. Signed at 1M compared to 1.5M (next year as well for Watson, don't think it's a positive).
Watson is semi-tough goon. Not saying he won't bring a similar return, but if I'm Minnesota I'm probably much happier then the team who lands Watson, even if it's for a little less.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'd probably add more disciplined as well. Des isn't a saint but he takes very few dumb penalties for someone in that role.

I like hima lot. He's a presence every game. These guys are harder and harder to come by these days. Surprised a 3rd is all it took tbh.

Know he isn't an offensive player at all but with the energy he brings to your team, he can actually play hockey, and can actually fight. That's kinda rare these days.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Deslauriers is much tougher player and skates/hits better. Signed at 1M compared to 1.5M (next year as well for Watson, don't think it's a positive).
Watson is semi-tough goon. Not saying he won't bring a similar return, but if I'm Minnesota I'm probably much happier then the team who lands Watson, even if it's for a little less.
It sets the market for guys like Watson.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Fair and okay value for him, he was a good soldier for Ana. Fans will miss him and probably not be ecstatic with that return, Minn got a guy you wanna go to war with

ODoyle

Mar 1, 2020
Nice. Wild need more grit and this allows Foligno to not worry about being a goon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad