Confirmed Trade: [MIN/ANA] Nic Deslauriers for 2023 3rd round pick

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
If the Ducks were heading to the playoffs I would rather Des then a 3rd. So yeah Wild fans it’s not bad for you. Not going to put you over the top but bringing in an effective in his role, tough, great teammate, solid pker for the playoffs.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I don’t Feel like this is worth moving him for us.
He was good at looking out for teammates and now we may be the softest (and worst) team in the league

Sad time

Reactions: GiveYouABagOfPucks

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
How is this proof that I said Des would get a first? That's what you get when reading it back?

Haha, I didn't even realize that was you. Classic.

The rumor was DLo would return a 1st. You said you believed the rumor was legitimate.

q.e.d. you would expect a 1st in return

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Okay, here's a couple I responded to in the original thread. The while thread is full of ducks fans laughing at people for not taking the rumor seriously.

Neither of those posts are saying what you're suggesting at all. "Thread full of Ducks fans laughing at people for not taking the rumor seriously" and your grand total of two examples do not illustrate that whatsoever.

Both of them are literally just saying that Marek didn't likely pull this from his own nether regions. Seems more like you entered that thread ready to pick a fight with anyone who didn't laugh the entire thing off, and didn't even bother reading their posts. As petty as it is to try and drag up these posts a year later, you've really just outed your own lack of comprehension.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Neither of those posts are saying what you're suggesting at all. "Thread full of Ducks fans laughing at people for not taking the rumor seriously" and your grand total of two examples do not illustrate that whatsoever.

Both of them are literally just saying that Marek didn't likely pull this from his own nether regions. Seems more like you entered that thread ready to pick a fight with anyone who didn't laugh the entire thing off, and didn't even bother reading their posts. As petty as it is to try and drag up these posts a year later, you've really just outed your own lack of comprehension.

I was tasked with bringing a single quote from a Ducks fan and I brought two because they were both responses to my post in the original thread, there are definitely more in there.

The fact though that you guys are trying to thread the needle between defending a rumor as real but also saying no one believed the rumor is so funny.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I was tasked with bringing a single quote from a Ducks fan and I brought two because they were both responses to my post in the original thread, there are definitely more in there.

The fact though that you guys are trying to thread the needle between defending a rumor as real but also saying no one believed the rumor is so funny.

You utterly failed the task because neither of them say what you are suggesting.

That entire thread is people arguing about what Marek actually said, and whether someone may have actually told him that or if he made it up completely. The quote from Marek was that he was told not to be surprised if Des returns a first. That in itself is not any sort of definitive statement whatsoever.

But the posters you are quoting did nothing more than suggest that Marek likely did hear that rather than make it up. That was the entire extent of it, not one person argued for the likelihood of the assertion.

In the entire thread there is one sarcastic Ducks fan who joked that he's worth a first because he just scored a hat trick. That's the only post that would actually illustrate what you are claiming.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Haha, I didn't even realize that was you. Classic.

The rumor was DLo would return a 1st. You said you believed the rumor was legitimate.

q.e.d. you would expect a 1st in return
I believed the report that there was a chance he could, sure. Why would they lie? That isn't the same thing as claiming he would as a rental a year later, or even expecting he would.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
Well, Minnesota would suck to draw in a long playoff series to begin with and this just makes it worse. Doesn't move the needle much like a quality center which they desperately need would however.

I mean I rarely watch the Wild but my impression was always a work hard, grind them down, 4 line attack, results by committee type team. Kaprizov clearly changed that dynamic but I think most of that still applies. This trade helps with that mindset and if they meet with Colorado in the playoffs they won't out skill them I'd reckon. Best shot would be a physical, grueling, bumbs and bruises for all type series and they play that game well.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Pretty sure Deslauriers is only good at hitting and fighting. I'm surprised he still is lingering around.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Nor is Jost, this guy and others in our sub are negative nancies lol
Jost isn't necessarily slow, he just lacks explosivness and size so he struggles to create separation and gets rubbed out on the boards all the time. Most frustrating thing to watch as an Avs fan, and delighted that we finally have a 4C who can hold onto the puck in the OZ.

As for Deslaurier, that seems like a move made with MacDermid and Lucic in mind. Guerin doesn't want to get bullied in the 1st round if Minnesota finish in a WC spot. A series against Minnesota is going to be a pain for anyone who meets them with that bottom 6 (except for Jost).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Okay, here's a couple I responded to in the original thread. The while thread is full of ducks fans laughing at people for not taking the rumor seriously.
But did you pull out the ones where duck fans laughed and said theyd be happy with a 3rd... and if we could swindle someone for a 2nd thats even better?

I mean, i can pull up old threads where Montreal fans were talking about Mete being better than fowler/lindholm, or ramonov being the next pronger, but what would be the point... some fans exaggerate stuff.

the 1st thing was reported by someone in the media, obviously it sounded crazy at the time but it was reported.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad