Post-Game Talk: MIM-104 Patriots vs New York Jets of Winnipeg 3:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
WTF was that line though? That's the second time in OT where I've seen our line and knew the other team was going to score. Oshie Beagle and Orlov?

Last edited:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
We couldnt finish. Osh in reg
And then jdub, 74 and 8 in OT. We got the looks. Kuz did all that was humanly possible in OT. We just
Couldnt finish

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Not a very good game apart from Holtby. Got to win these games.

I still hate the call that lead to the WPG PP goal. That was a terrible refereeing that had a major impact to this game.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Not a very good game apart from Holtby. Got to win these games.

I still hate the call that lead to the WPG PP goal. That was a terrible refereeing that had a major impact to this game.

The missed double minor high stick to 77's face also was a big deal. 4 minutes of PP not given.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Oh well, can't win them all.
The win streak ended in the best possible fashion, hopefully #8 and #92 get going in the next game scoring wise. Holtby is so great right now.

Congrats to the Peg for their first OT win of the year

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
This is the argument against this crap. Does that really affect the play? Were the Caps playing that man differently if he's a centimeter offside? No. Being offside there had zero impact on the outcome. even if it goes our way it's bogus.

This needs to be fixed and I think it will be....in the offseason.

The Williams' offside centimetre got called back.

I think it's offside this time too but the camera shots aren't good.

If these are going to be consistently called going forward the camera angles need to be available in all rinks.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Capitals-bench-Dec-5-2015-300x200.jpg

Coach Trotz, Braden Holtby, Nicklas Backstrom & John Carlson.

To listen click here.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Is anyone else alarmed at how different this team looks compared to the other top talent in the league? There is so much skill on this team but often you wouldn't even know it. I understand every team has bad games but too often they've looked sloppy and slow. Teams like Dallas, Montreal and NYR bust their ***** and play way harder than us, as we saw 2 nights ago. I guess it's the lack of consistency that worries me, Holtby is the only thing keeping us in these games lately and it's not fair that the team goes out and floats around while he's making 30+ saves a game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Is anyone else alarmed at how different this team looks compared to the other top talent in the league? There is so much skill on this team but often you wouldn't even know it. I understand every team has bad games but too often they've looked sloppy and slow. Teams like Dallas, Montreal and NYR bust their ***** and play way harder than us, as we saw 2 nights ago. I guess it's the lack of consistency that worries me, Holtby is the only thing keeping us in these games lately and it's not fair that the team goes out and floats around while he's making 30+ saves a game.

no. listen to trotz. thought they didn't have a good game v montreal. this team never has a good game after a long lay off. trotz thought they had a strong game today.

ive seen the rangers and the habs on numerous nights this season rely on top goaltending by a top goaltender to win games. its why you want a better goalie than the other team.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
no. listen to trotz. thought they didn't have a good game v montreal. this team never has a good game after a long lay off. trotz thought they had a strong game today.

ive seen the rangers and the habs on numerous nights this season rely on top goaltending by a top goaltender to win games. its why you want a better goalie than the other team.

Yeah, Trotz was clearly pretty satisfied with the way the Caps played. He was visibly pissed about the officiating tho which was kind of cool to see,

Holtby didn't like their game tho, which I found interesting.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Carlson was kinda dumb tonight. Reacted slow. I don't like him on the PP nowadays.

That long period of time Alzner wasn't playing was really scary. I thought we're ****ed.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
The missed double minor high stick to 77's face also was a big deal. 4 minutes of PP not given.

Yeah, agreed. Refs do miss those from time to time though.

That Wilson penalty left zero doubt though. Stuart skated from his own zone to engage with Wilson and that extra minor to him was just ridiculous. I mean you can't possibly justify that looking back at the incident.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Other teams go to the league to complain about officiating. I hope we're doing that after this debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad