Post-Game Talk: MIM-104 Patriots vs New York Jets of Winnipeg 3:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Jets fans whining about how this is a silly challenge and a "momentum killer". We're probably the last team for someone to use that argument against, OV had to score his 500th goal twice because of challenges like this, what goes around comes around.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Jets fans whining about how this is a silly challenge and a "momentum killer". We're probably the last team for someone to use that argument against, OV had to score his 500th goal twice because of challenges like this, what goes around comes around.

Not his 500th. The Russan record. He doesn't have 500 yet.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This is the argument against this crap. Does that really affect the play? Were the Caps playing that man differently if he's a centimeter offside? No. Being offside there had zero impact on the outcome. even if it goes our way it's bogus.

This needs to be fixed and I think it will be....in the offseason.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The refs can't even spit out. They know it's a no-win situation.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
This is the argument against this crap. Does that really affect the play? Were the Caps playing that man differently if he's a centimeter offside? No. Being offside there had zero impact on the outcome. even if it goes our way it's bogus.

This needs to be fixed and I think it will be....in the offseason.

I mean on the one hand you're right... but on the other hand it's a rule for a reason. I mean is it nit picking? Yeah, but a line in the sand has to be drawn and calls have to be made against it. I would prefer this against the alternative which is subjective calls that potentially ruin games.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
My disdain for NHL officiating endures, and a new hatred for the Thrashers and their fans is born. :rant:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Paul Maurice thought they were gonna call that back and was cursing the ref. Then the ref stutters and it's a goal. That was very weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad