Post-Game Talk: MIM-104 Patriots vs New York Jets of Winnipeg 3:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Is anyone else alarmed at how different this team looks compared to the other top talent in the league? There is so much skill on this team but often you wouldn't even know it. I understand every team has bad games but too often they've looked sloppy and slow. Teams like Dallas, Montreal and NYR bust their ***** and play way harder than us, as we saw 2 nights ago. I guess it's the lack of consistency that worries me, Holtby is the only thing keeping us in these games lately and it's not fair that the team goes out and floats around while he's making 30+ saves a game.

I was at the game today and came away saying that I think the Caps have a legit shot at the cup this season and I have never said that in the Ovy era. Trotz has the team playing a really nice structured game and they are much more positionally sound than they use to be. In years past the Caps would beat us because their stars were better than our stars but they played a loose game that I didn't think would translate against the best of the best in May and June. Now I see a team that is deeper talent wise but so much more complete and focused. The 5 man units play well and quality shots against them are much harder to earn.

I know that Caps have that Blues thing happening where they seem to be so close yet so far away but I really like what I see from your team and your goalie is all world. I personally think all the pieces are their now but you need a freaking lucky bounce in late may.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I was at the game today and came away saying that I think the Caps have a legit shot at the cup this season and I have never said that in the Ovy era. Trotz has the team playing a really nice structured game and they are much more positionally sound than they use to be. In years past the Caps would beat us because their stars were better than our stars but they played a loose game that I didn't think would translate against the best of the best in May and June. Now I see a team that is deeper talent wise but so much more complete and focused. The 5 man units play well and quality shots against them are much harder to earn.

I know that Caps have that Blues thing happening where they seem to be so close yet so far away but I really like what I see from your team and your goalie is all world. I personally think all the pieces are their now but you need a freaking lucky bounce in late may.

Thanks for the post. We sure hope you're right, but it's super to hear from an opponent's fan.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Another entertaining game from someone who is a fan of both teams. Of course, I wanted the Caps to win 8-0 :). Wilson is really impressing me more and more and I didn't miss Johansson. Can't wait to see how this team is after the All Star break.

Go Caps!

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Is anyone else alarmed at how different this team looks compared to the other top talent in the league? There is so much skill on this team but often you wouldn't even know it. I understand every team has bad games but too often they've looked sloppy and slow. Teams like Dallas, Montreal and NYR bust their ***** and play way harder than us, as we saw 2 nights ago. I guess it's the lack of consistency that worries me, Holtby is the only thing keeping us in these games lately and it's not fair that the team goes out and floats around while he's making 30+ saves a game.

I wonder if Habs fans would share your opinion after going down to the canes? I say they wouldn't. Also the Blues just lost 4-1 to the leafs at home. Again......

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Carlson was kinda dumb tonight. Reacted slow. I don't like him on the PP nowadays.

That long period of time Alzner wasn't playing was really scary. I thought we're ****ed.

Carlson was fine, made some nice plays on D, handled the pressure the majority of the time, and took some shots when he had it. Once the jets were done with their multi PP first period, they honestly didn't have that many chances over all.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

The NYR have lost 4 of their last 5 including a 5-1 blowout at home to MTL, a 3-0 home loss to PHI, and a 2-1 home loss to COL. MTL lost 6-1, at home, to COL and followed that performance up with a 3-2 home loss to the Coyotes. DAL was blown out by COL, have lost twice to TOR, and just lost on Friday night to Edmonton.

I think what you're seeing is what the NHL wanted when they implemented a salary cap which is a league where any team can beat any other team on any given night and as such you're going to be disappointed if you expect the Caps to dominate every shift of every game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
the caps had won 6 straight. 5 straight on the road. they have now won 7 of 10 and have points in 9 of 10. they just played 3 straight in Canada and returned with 5 of 6 points. They could have easily won that game against the Jets as well.

Meanwhile Tom Wilson looks scary since he scored that 1st goal.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Don't know if anyone saw the stat pre-game, but prior to yesterday we'd witnessed the best 24 game start to a season IN CAPS HISTORY.*

(points-wise)

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Carlson was fine, made some nice plays on D, handled the pressure the majority of the time, and took some shots when he had it. Once the jets were done with their multi PP first period, they honestly didn't have that many chances over all.

@PP Carlson was.. How do you call that, nonchalant? I'd like to see some improvement in AntiOviShadowing. Carlson position could be the key for that but it doesn't work so far. Will see.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
An OTL after 6 wins in a row and the usual complaints? I didn't see the game as I'm out of the country but I couldn't care less how you look over those 7 games if you grabbed 13 of 14 possible points that is pretty damn friggin' good.

Some of the expectations for how this team should be playing are absurd IMO. What some are demanding no team now or in the history of the league has or ever will do. It is about winning and without a doubt this team has been doing it this season.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
no. listen to trotz. thought they didn't have a good game v montreal. this team never has a good game after a long lay off. trotz thought they had a strong game today.

ive seen the rangers and the habs on numerous nights this season rely on top goaltending by a top goaltender to win games. its why you want a better goalie than the other team.

I felt they played a good game too. Unfortunately, the Jets played strong too. This is how the league is now, there aren't really bad teams out there. Though I hated how they played against Montreal, but there could a silver lining, hopefully Montreal will underestimate us at the playoffs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad