Proposal: Miller's Trade Value

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
And just like that, Reimer injured in Toronto..

Doubt they'd want to ship him to a rival though.

My voodoo is strong. Must be the Mardi Gras in the air.

And I agree with you: the probability of Regier trading Ryan Miller to the Leafs is roughly 0%, with no possibility of a rounding error.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Your math is funny. Miller plays 100% of 85% of the games (i.e., he plays 60 minutes per game). A star forward plays 33% of 100% of the games. Based purely on minutes, a goalie is better value.

Yeah, you're TOTALLY right. Guess that's why goalies are all leading the league in salary... oh wait.

The top goalie is #23 on the list. And only 5 of the top 50 are goalies. 10%! Your argument is believed by NOBODY in the NHL.

Conan

Sep 13, 2009
Leafs offer:
2013 1st rounder
Jussi Rynnas
Tim Connolly/Clarke Macarthur

For Buffalo's

Ryan Miller

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Yeah, you're TOTALLY right. Guess that's why goalies are all leading the league in salary... oh wait.

The top goalie is #23 on the list. And only 5 of the top 50 are goalies. 10%! Your argument is believed by NOBODY in the NHL.

His argument is a statement of fact, that goalies play more minutes than any other player. You brought up that goalies only play in X percent of games, which is a poor argument since starting goalies play more than any other player.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
In this short season, I think his trade value will actually increase a lot as we get closer to the deadline and teams know where they stand in the playoff picture.

No point in considering trading him right now, we can get more later for him if we opt to do it.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Sens fans talking about selling now with Karlsson likely done for the year, and Spezza out for most of the season. Now would be a great time for them to sell high on Anderson. If another goaltender is made available, and one who has been the best in the NHL this season, that probably hurts Miller's value.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Terrible market for goalies unfortunately, and I do not see it improving. stronger teams in front of good goalies has made it easier to access goalies via Free agency and over drafting.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
His argument is a statement of fact, that goalies play more minutes than any other player. You brought up that goalies only play in X percent of games, which is a poor argument since starting goalies play more than any other player.

I originally said games, ya know the status in win-loss columns? He said minutes.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Terrible market for goalies unfortunately, and I do not see it improving. stronger teams in front of good goalies has made it easier to access goalies via Free agency and over drafting.

It's virtually never a strong market for established goalies. Another reason I'm against high salaries for them.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
If Stafford is traded, the hole at RW becomes even more glaring, already lacking Pominville.

I know this has been discussed with mixed reactions around here, but...

To CHI:

Miller
Stafford

To BUF:

Kane
Crawford or Emery

The reason I suggest this as a possibility is because Buffalo is starting to load up the prospect cabinet. Kane is an elite, established talent, and with the high character players already in the organization, they could rub off on Kane as he grows and matures. I would me happy to make this deal with Chicago.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If Stafford is traded, the hole at RW becomes even more glaring, already lacking Pominville.

I know this has been discussed with mixed reactions around here, but...

To CHI:

Miller
Stafford

To BUF:

Kane
Crawford or Emery

The reason I suggest this as a possibility is because Buffalo is starting to load up the prospect cabinet. Kane is an elite, established talent, and with the high character players already in the organization, they could rub off on Kane as he grows and matures. I would me happy to make this deal with Chicago.

If Regier could convince Chicago to do that, he ought to be extended 100 years. By which I mean the value is brutal for the Hawks.

Karate Johnson*

Hope Crawford or the goalie of another contender with goalie questions take a **** in the playoffs.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
One year left on Millers contract makes his value decent.....a team like chicago or Washington might take a flyer on him at the draft

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
If Regier could convince Chicago to do that, he ought to be extended 100 years. By which I mean the value is brutal for the Hawks.

I don't see how it's that brutal....Miller would be amazing with Chicago's D in front of him.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't see how it's that brutal....Miller would be amazing with Chicago's D in front of him.

The difference between Miller and Crawford is miniscule compared to the gaping chasm between Stafford and Kane.

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Kane is elite...his value is 10x's that of Millers... besides Chicago would be stupid to move him

thekenneth

Jan 25, 2013
the sabres would need to throw in a first round pick. if i were the hawks I'd still not take it then. unless it was a top 3 pick and happened on trade deadline day then it seems maybe possible but still a meh.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Miller will get a mid-round 1st and a decent, but not top-ranked prospect. Vanek will get a similar return as Pominville, but the prospect we receive will be more highly touted than Larsson.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Honestly if Couturier is on the table I'd take on Bryzgalov, but I doubt Philly is that desperate to move his contract.

Personally I have no desire for Bryz....not at his cost.

If Philly offers more assets to eat Bryz contract...think of Courtyrier + a couple of 1sts + Bryz the owner may take the bite and then buy out Bryz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad