Proposal: Miller's Trade Value

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
See, this is EXACTLY why I'm against paying $6.3m per year for a goalie. Who only plays 85% of the teams games. Give me a guy like Vokoun and spend the money on a guy who plays every game.

Miller isn't going to fetch what Sabre fans want. Maybe after his vezina year but not now.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Miller
Adam
Brennan

Neuvirth
Alzner
Forsberg

Close ?

Neuvy's been wet garbage for over a year now, so as long as they're not proceeding under the assumption that Neuvy is a bona fide starter, I'd be fine with it--Neuvy would get lit up like a Christmas tree in Buffalo behind this group. Alzner is a good defensive defenseman, and Forsberg is the prize in the deal. Given that we're giving up two nothings (Adam and Brennan) in addition to Miller, the deal is effectively Miller for Forsberg, Alzner, and Neuvirth.

Caps fans wouldn't go for it. They've got a lot of faith in Holtby removing his head from his arse in the imminent future, and probably don't see Miller as enough of an upgrade to justify giving up Forsberg, let alone Alzner and Forsberg.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
The problem with this whole discussion is that there is zero chance Miller is traded.

Not with the group currently running the show.

But if you enjoy making fantasy trades, carry on.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Neuvy's been wet garbage for over a year now, so as long as they're not proceeding under the assumption that Neuvy is a bona fide starter, I'd be fine with it--Neuvy would get lit up like a Christmas tree in Buffalo behind this group. Alzner is a good defensive defenseman, and Forsberg is the prize in the deal. Given that we're giving up two nothings (Adam and Brennan) in addition to Miller, the deal is effectively Miller for Forsberg, Alzner, and Neuvirth.

Caps fans wouldn't go for it. They've got a lot of faith in Holtby removing his head from his arse in the imminent future, and probably don't see Miller as enough of an upgrade to justify giving up Forsberg, let alone Alzner and Forsberg.
Neuvirth is wet garbage, you say?
Seems like that may at least bring this tire fire down to a smolder. :sarcasm:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I have not read all the comments...

To the OP: Miller has a ton of trade value but why trade him?

If there’s a problem its Lindy Ruff, he has become too complacent... I'm tired of his laissez-faire post-game pressers...

Ruff needs to scratch himself for a few games...

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Not sure if this was posted in another thread but tonight Andrew Peters tweeted:

Andrew Peters ‏@76_AndrewPeters
Conversation that just happened. Sekera: sorry Milzy
Miller: no problem Reg, I'm used to it by now.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Peters could say anything on his little twitter page. Is crap like this even verified or checked for accuracy?

If more than one source says they heard this exact exchange I'll tend to believe it. Otherwise I call shenanigans!

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Peters tweeted that after Sekera's monster giveaway in the third. Seeing as Sekera and Miller were on the ice next to each other by the net, I'm 9390823 percent sure that was a joke.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I just want Alzner/Carlson and Forsberg. ..I imagine we have to take back neuvirth. Brennan and Adam were starting points maybe gerbe and leopold is a step up or stafford and Sulzer?

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
What about Ben Bishop from OTT? Probably wouldn't cost much and could be a starter. I say bring him in and evaluate him and move Millsy if you like what you see.

As for value. I'd take a top prospect and pick for him or a Scott Hartnell type of player.

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Not sure if this was posted in another thread but tonight Andrew Peters tweeted:

Andrew Peters ‏@76_AndrewPeters
Conversation that just happened. Sekera: sorry Milzy
Miller: no problem Reg, I'm used to it by now.

Oh GOD:shakehead

This is just gut wrenching.

thomas vanek

Sep 19, 2005
Miller
Stafford
Leopold
token 2nd round pick

for

Neuvirth
Alzner
Forsberg

seems far more even, makes sense and pretty sure the Sabres coveted Forsberg as one of their 'guys' last draft

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
What about Ben Bishop from OTT? Probably wouldn't cost much and could be a starter. I say bring him in and evaluate him and move Millsy if you like what you see.

As for value. I'd take a top prospect and pick for him or a Scott Hartnell type of player.

You'd trade Miller for Scott Hartnell?

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
See, this is EXACTLY why I'm against paying $6.3m per year for a goalie. Who only plays 85% of the teams games. Give me a guy like Vokoun and spend the money on a guy who plays every game.

Miller isn't going to fetch what Sabre fans want. Maybe after his vezina year but not now.

Your math is funny. Miller plays 100% of 85% of the games (i.e., he plays 60 minutes per game). A star forward plays 33% of 100% of the games. Based purely on minutes, a goalie is better value.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006

Anyone have an idea what Ottawa is doing with Anderson / Bishop / Lehner? Last I heard Lehner has developed well.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Anyone have an idea what Ottawa is doing with Anderson / Bishop / Lehner? Last I heard Lehner has developed well.

Bishop would be nice and probably wouldn't cost a lot to accquire but Lehner is a guy I really like. He's been fantastic in the AHL this year and since Anderson has played so well for Ottawa they could potentially move a goalie.

Stone87

Mar 20, 2005
Rochester
There are certain things that teams that want to be competitive just don't do in this league. One of them is trade away a solid starting goalie without having another solid starting goalie on the roster. The fact that people are suggesting names like Bishop and Neuvirth as an alternative shows how little the average fans knows compared with the people who make these decisions.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Bishop would be nice and probably wouldn't cost a lot to accquire but Lehner is a guy I really like. He's been fantastic in the AHL this year and since Anderson has played so well for Ottawa they could potentially move a goalie.

Bishop is the odd man out in Ottawa. Anderson is the goaltender for now, and Lehner is their long-term starter. They spent a 2nd on him last year, so I'd imagine they'd want something not far off that.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Root for someone like Crawford or Niemi to get injured. Seriously. Not many teams have a need for a starter right now.
And just like that, Reimer injured in Toronto..

Doubt they'd want to ship him to a rival though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->