I wish more goalies would get better pads

kirk-mclean-7.jpg

Mike+Brodeur+Ottawa+Senators+v+Montreal+Canadiens+9P2-MliobOGl.jpg

1030%20DiPietro%20pink%20pads.jpg

1fvbqw.jpg

Think all of these are rad

vintagecanuck

Jun 13, 2004
If you think about it. When Eddie stands up that logo is going to look like a craked open egg (with the canucks logo on it). Now all he has to do is pull a Lou vs. Anaheim.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
There is something to the white pads making it harder on shooters imo. I'd rather they be worried about the pads stopping pucks.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
There is something to the white pads making it harder on shooters imo. I'd rather they be worried about the pads stopping pucks.

I don't know how much stock I put into that. I've never noticed a difference and nhl shooters being a million times better than me I'm not sure they care what colour pads are.

However it would be VERY interesting to see some numbers on it.
Compare % of 5 hole goals on the top 30 nhl goalies, then see which ones used white vs other colours....
Be cool to see if there's a discernible statistical advantage

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I don't know how much stock I put into that. I've never noticed a difference and nhl shooters being a million times better than me I'm not sure they care what colour pads are.

Compare % of 5 hole goals on the top 30 nhl goalies, then see which ones used white vs other colours....

Maybe it depends on the shooter? I know where the net is... I'm looking to see where the goalie is. The white pads make it harder at a glance... and that's about all you get nowadays.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary

Doesn't make a difference to me either, but that's mostly because I'm watching the puck to make sure I hit it :sarcasm:

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
Miller has settled with Vaughn Pads, Vaughn Glove, and CCM Blocker the last few years if I remember correctly. I love Brian's pads and the cool customizations they do. Hopefully Lack changes his design a bit since he had that Canucks logo late last year.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Are Miller's not identical to the pads Schneids wore here?

Absolutely not. Miller has worn an old school pad, often completely custom, with a modern 'skin' for a long time now. Note that the pads all look the same and have rolls on both the knee and shin. The difference in graphics is for marketing purposes.

ryanmillerGUE800x450-2.jpg

I haven't heard if his current Vaughn pads are stock, but I highly doubt it considering his past pad preferences.

Cory if I recall correctly is using the stock Vaughn pad with 2 thighrise breaks (the vertical gaps on the edge of the pad) and a Velocity 2 inner channel.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Absolutely not. Miller has worn an old school pad, often completely custom, with a modern 'skin' for a long time now. Note that the pads all look the same and have rolls on both the knee and shin. The difference in graphics is for marketing purposes.

ryanmillerGUE800x450-2.jpg

I haven't heard if his current Vaughn pads are stock, but I highly doubt it considering his past pad preferences.

Cory if I recall correctly is using the stock Vaughn pad with 2 thighrise breaks (the vertical gaps on the edge of the pad) and a Velocity 2 inner channel.

Yeah. That's why i'm kind of curious about the alleged Miller pads. They don't really fit the profile of the kind of thing he's worn previously.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Lack's might evolve? They might not be too bad in the flesh. The design seems garish.

Hahaha well big cheesy graphics is what Brian's does best. You have to give them credit for the amount of customization they're willing to do but unfortunately there is no filter on the style (or lack thereof) of what their customers ask for.

Felix Potvin Cat Pads
610075.jpg

Dollar Bills Y'all!!!!
Custom-100.jpg

Trevor Kidd, he rocked this checker thing his whole career
source_1027_123083.jpg

Or maybe Blackjack?
ace.jpg

That's just off the top of my head. Anyways, I like Lack's pad with the logo on them, for Brian's it's downright subdued lol.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
You're all a bunch of cheaters.

Ohhhh yeah. We are. I even broke down and got a huge thigh rise on my latest set. My butterfly isn't what it used to be. Also, it's almost impossible to get one WITHOUT a huge thigh rise.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The pads are pads, the tribal stripes I hate big time.
In 2014 that's the best Vaughn has to offer.... C'mon

Yeah, I don't like the tribal obsession in the goalie pad world, but it has reigned supreme for a decade now. For a long time there you couldn't even buy gear that didn't have some sort of tribal-type graphics on them. It was like people were trying to catch up with the tattoo trend .... without realizing it wasn't cool.

Luckily last year people seem to be getting back to simpler geometric patterns. Unless they're Brian's or Vaughn.

bo2shink*

I can't wait until the discussion about what colour of sport drink Miller has. My guess is it'll be a stupid one that causes cancer in kittens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: