Post-Game Talk: Miller.... You Lost ???? Sabres @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Still not sold on Smith. I think he might be a flash in the pan, but we'll have to see this year, and next.

Finland should have a strong tandem with Lehtonen, and Kiprusoff. Too bad most of the rest of their team sucks!:laugh:

You forgot their starter .................. Rinne

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You forgot their starter .................. Rinne

Oh **** he's Finnish too! That's easily the best unit then.

Who's Russia got? Nabokov is up there, and the last bricks will have come down the crumbling bulin wall by next year.

Bryzgalov?:laugh:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Oh **** he's Finnish too! That's easily the best unit then.

Who's Russia got? Nabokov is up there, and the last bricks will have come down the crumbling bulin wall by next year.

Bryzgalov?:laugh:

Varlamov, Barulin and watch out Vasilevsky.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Varlamov, Barulin and watch out Vasilevsky.

Oh yeah Varlamov. Nice option for them!

Pavelec for Czech? Jokemas Chokoun is done. I'd take Pavelec over him all day.

Speaking of Pavelec, and missed draft picks. Devils dominion was mad we didn't draft Quick in 05, and got Frazee instead. However Pavelec was like 13 or 14 spots behind him!:rant:

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Miller's 32 and he's never won a big game in his career...in fact, the two biggest games of his career (game 5 in the conference finals and the gold medal game) he let up game sinning goals that were incredibly soft...he's a choke.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Oh yeah Varlamov. Nice option for them!

Pavelec for Czech? Jokemas Chokoun is done. I'd take Pavelec over him all day.

Speaking of Pavelec, and missed draft picks. Devils dominion was mad we didn't draft Quick in 05, and got Frazee instead. However Pavelec was like 13 or 14 spots behind him!:rant:

Frazee has been ruined by his neck injury...he was pretty good before it but he's a bust now.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Still not sold on Smith. I think he might be a flash in the pan, but we'll have to see this year, and next.

Finland should have a strong tandem with Lehtonen, and Kiprusoff. Too bad most of the rest of their team sucks!:laugh:

you shut your wh0re mouth!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Frazee has been ruined by his neck injury...he was pretty good before it but he's a bust now.

I think the reason they drafted him is they thought he could backup Marty for a while before he retired, and assuming he retired last year he could have been his replacement. The neck injury probably ruined any chance of him backing up Marty the last couple years. Didn't it happen the year before we got Moose?

you shut your wh0re mouth!

Sorry Ab no offense.:laugh:

I'm sure the lineup isn't as bad as I'm thinking, but I'd have to see it. I wonder if Selanne plays? We don't even know if he's playing past this year, but he might.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
If Canada wants to win, they go with Luongo and Price. There simply aren't better options. It'd be nice to see Marty thrown a bone for his last chance, but we'll see.

I see names thrown around like Fleury and Ward and like...just no. Ward's better than his stats will probably ever indicate but he's simply not as good as Luongo or Price. And Fleury is just flat out average.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If Canada wants to win, they go with Luongo and Price. There simply aren't better options. It'd be nice to see Marty thrown a bone for his last chance, but we'll see.

I see names thrown around like Fleury and Ward and like...just no. Ward's better than his stats will probably ever indicate but he's simply not as good as Luongo or Price. And Fleury is just flat out average.

I agree, honestly if people are really thinking MAF or Ward, I don't see why Marty couldn't be the third string then.

apice3*

There's no doubt in my mind Price will be the starter for Canada.

Luongo is in a rotation with a Canadian goaltender on his own team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I keep forgetting Price. Yeah he probably will go over Ward.

Luongo, Price, Ward then.

Luongo or Price will be starter. Maybe start with Luongo, and then go to Price.

MAF can't really be taken seriously.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I actually saw Schneider as a possible goaltender for the USA in 2014 (Not as a starter of course) I don't see it anymore. He's been good, but Luongo has too.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I actually saw Schneider as a possible goaltender for the USA in 2014 (Not as a starter of course) I don't see it anymore. He's been good, but Luongo has too.

He's probably pretty close to a shoe-in for 2018, but I agree, I don't think he's gonna be "proven" enough by next year to justify taking him over Miller, Quick, and Howard.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I keep forgetting Price. Yeah he probably will go over Ward.

Luongo, Price, Ward then.

Luongo or Price will be starter. Maybe start with Luongo, and then go to Price.

MAF can't really be taken seriously.

Didn't the Flyers light MAF up last night? Then Bryz got lit up right afterward?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Didn't the Flyers light MAF up last night? Then Bryz got lit up right afterward?

Yeah, but I didn't see any of the game, but that's what I saw on the scorecard. Then Jokemas Chokoun comes out, and doesn't choke unlike the last time he played those ****ers!:laugh:

I'm still pissed with Vokoun over that last game. Flyers got 2 points because of that bad angle goal he let in with a minute thirty left.

apice3*

Why did I think Schnieder was Canadian?

Quick and Anderson are going to battle hard for the USA goalie spot. Miller, Schnieder, Thomas(?) aren't going to cut it.

Last edited by a moderator:

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I'm with you on this. I don't get the Kovy hate this year from certain people. I have yet to see him make a play that directly led to a goal. The amount of those gaffs goes down every year. He had a few last year, the Grabner one sticks out the most. He's been a very good two way player this season. 20 points in 24 games is solid.

People want Atlanta offensive ability and NJ defense/hockey IQ out of Kovy. That's simply not going to happen. There are very few players in the history of this game that are elite in both aspects - Dastyuk is probably the best example today. Kovy is not one.

I'll take NJ Kovy over ATL Kovy over the course of a season, although it would be really awesome to see ATL Kovy once in a blue moon.

if you don't know why people hate kovy just watch his game closely. personally im ok with his play cause he is a very big talent...but the guy doesn't forecheck, he rink turns all over and doesn't play an honest game... and when his offense is down peopole get on him and rightfully so cause he doesn't do all the little things on the ice. just my two cents

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm with you on this. I don't get the Kovy hate this year from certain people. I have yet to see him make a play that directly led to a goal. The amount of those gaffs goes down every year. He had a few last year, the Grabner one sticks out the most. He's been a very good two way player this season. 20 points in 24 games is solid.

People want Atlanta offensive ability and NJ defense/hockey IQ out of Kovy. That's simply not going to happen. There are very few players in the history of this game that are elite in both aspects - Dastyuk is probably the best example today. Kovy is not one.

I'll take NJ Kovy over ATL Kovy over the course of a season, although it would be really awesome to see ATL Kovy once in a blue moon.

I'm not hating on Kovy, I straight lay the blame on DeBoer, and I probably should have said "recently" in regards to him being in cruise control. And sure he stepped up late last night, but that helps make the point even more. I'd much rather 21 minutes of hard play from Kovy and not 29 minutes of inconsistent intensity.

I just do not see the rationale for playing Kovy this much more then any other fwd in the NHL.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Kovalchuk's numbers go up the less he plays, to a point. Pete REALLY needs to get him back below 25 minutes, at the very least (most).

Considering he plays nearly the entire power play, he picks up time there. He should not be eating any PK minutes at all and in total should be around 24 minutes. Problem is, when other forwards are not scoring, PDB will double shift him with the 4th line instead of Barch. he gets more time but how many points does he have when he's on the 4th line? It's not worth it. give him less time and ask him to go balls to the wall....that's when we'll start seeing that speed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad