Injury Report: Miller Out 4-6 Months

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
Poor Miller! Probably played his last game as a Red Wing too. Or what do you guys say?
I wouldn't be totally against resigning him, if he takes a pay cut and is ok with being the 13th/14th forward.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Poor Miller! Probably played his last game as a Red Wing too. Or what do you guys say?
I wouldn't be totally against resigning him, if he takes a pay cut and is ok with being the 13th/14th forward.

Time to let him go. Make room for AA, Mantha callups. Or hell even Nosek. Nosek looked great in his callup. Significantly better than Andersson. Larkin can and should be PKing anyway. He's got the speed to burn and we know he can do it. He's done it his whole life.

Unless Miller signs for league minimum there's no reason to bring him back.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Sheesh, tough couple of years for Miller - skate to the face, concussion on freak hit, now knee reconstruction.

Unlike the other fonts of grace, mercy, sympathy and gratitude in this thread I hope he does come back and get another contract. He's certainly earned the chance to prove his worth when he comes back.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Sheesh, tough couple of years for Miller - skate to the face, concussion on freak hit, now knee reconstruction.

Unlike the other fonts of grace, mercy, sympathy and gratitude in this thread I hope he does come back and get another contract. He's certainly earned the chance to prove his worth when he comes back.

You can feel bad for the guy and hope for the best without wanting him to get another contract. Trust me, it's possible.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Time to let him go. Make room for AA, Mantha callups. Or hell even Nosek. Nosek looked great in his callup. Significantly better than Andersson. Larkin can and should be PKing anyway. He's got the speed to burn and we know he can do it. He's done it his whole life.

Unless Miller signs for league minimum there's no reason to bring him back.

Then he takes a puck to the face and is out long term. Don't get me wrong, he does a good enough job on the PK, but no one can replace what Miller does for this team. Having Miller on the team does not block a spot for AA or Mantha. Those 2 won't be playing on the 4th line so lets not make it seem that Miller is taking a spot from someone.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
This is awful news. Miller made Detroit better, and while he is a veteran who is paid more than a similar player at the AHL level, he is one of the best defensive forwards on the team and serves an actual purpose.

This absolutely impacts Miller's offseason contract, and that's a bummer for him. I don't know how many teams are going to line up to sign a 4th liner forward that has only played 28 games the past year due to two injuries that took him out the rest of the games.

And that is a huge bummer. The last two years, only one Red Wings player played in all NHL games. That was Drew Miller. When Datsyuk and Zetterberg went down with injuries in 2014 and all of the kids had to save the team, Miller was playing every night. It sucks that he's going down like this.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I would feel bad for him but then I remembered how much money he made in the past couple years skating around an ice rink for 12min a night with no expectations of scoring might be more than I ever make in my lifetime

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
So more Andersson because he's reliable on the pk

Ansar khan posted lines for the next game. No Andersson. Jurco Glendening Helm on the 4th line. Blash didn't mention Andersson picking up any of the slack either on mlive. He mentioned Abdelkader, Larkin playing more on the PK.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
(...)

This absolutely impacts Miller's offseason contract, and that's a bummer for him. I don't know how many teams are going to line up to sign a 4th liner forward that has only played 28 games the past year due to two injuries that took him out the rest of the games.

And that is a huge bummer. The last two years, only one Red Wings player played in all NHL games. That was Drew Miller. When Datsyuk and Zetterberg went down with injuries in 2014 and all of the kids had to save the team, Miller was playing every night. It sucks that he's going down like this.

It sucks for Miller, indeed. After being waived by a lesser team, he really stuck with the Red Wings.

However, I'd guess it increases the likelyhood of him re-signing. He might have to accept a lower salary, which would make him more affordable for the Red Wings, who know his qualities best. Thus I am hoping for both a speedy recovery, a long postseason and a new contract - because I do not buy the idea of Miller blocking highly skilled young players like Athanasiou or Mantha (who is steadily improving, but not overwhelming yet) from valubale NHL TOI either.

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad