Confirmed with Link: Miller, Ott for Halak, Stewart, Carrier, 2015 1st, 2014 1st/2016 3rd[Conditional]

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
You add Neuvirth to the return of the Miller/Ott trade, but add the 3rd as part of the cost. Just forget Klesla all together.

You could say Klesla=Halak and remove them

then the trade becomes

Miller + Ott + 2015 3rd for Stewart + Neuvirth+ Carrier+ 3rd 2016 + 1st 2015
Miller2015 3rd= Stewart+ Neuvirth+ 2015 1st
Ott= Carrier + 2016 3rd

What do you want to say individually was the return for Milelr and Ott as a point of reference

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
How much does Sobotka possibly going back to Russia help with St. Louis 1st being more valuable? That's a significant loss in the Western Conference I would think.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
How much does Sobotka possibly going back to Russia help with St. Louis 1st being more valuable? That's a significant loss in the Western Conference I would think.

Significant loss. But it is not like losing Backes or one of their top defenseman.

They downgraded from Sobotka to Ott but they are still a powerhouse squad.

edit: they will miss his Faceoff % though

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Gotcha, I was thinking along similar lines. Losing depth hurts them, and gives us a window to hope the pick gets better, if they get struck by a rash of injuries. Ha trade for Sobotka's rights and get him in the Blue and Gold?

It seems like he left more on his future role than just to get top dollar. I'm sure the Sabres could offer him a better role than the Blues.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Gotcha, I was thinking along similar lines. Losing depth hurts them, and gives us a window to hope the pick gets better, if they get struck by a rash of injuries. Ha trade for Sobotka's rights and get him in the Blue and Gold?

It seems like he left more on his future role than just to get top dollar. I'm sure the Sabres could offer him a better role than the Blues.

Last I heard was that he wanted north of $4M per year, and the Blues weren't willing to give that to a bottom six player.

ZeroPT*

Significant loss. But it is not like losing Backes or one of their top defenseman.

They downgraded from Sobotka to Ott but they are still a powerhouse squad.

edit: they will miss his Faceoff % though

Not only that but he was also one of their best possession players and one of the best PKers in the league.

Ott does nothing like Sobotka. This loss is bigger than most are making it out to be. Their center ice is not as good now and they've lost a lot in terms of puck possession. I could see them stumbling a bit and not winning their division (I could also see Dallas over take them in the 2nd spot if the stars improve their D)

Plus they're using that Lehtera guy who's never played on NA ice IIRC.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Whoops, yeah I guess it was $3M not 4. Really though? The Blues couldn't pony up an extra 300K? weak.

I think the sticking point was 1 year or two. Sobotka wanted one and then goes to free agency. The Blues wanted 2 years.

Based on comments attributed to him on the main board. It seems like Sobotka realized his chances at getting a shot at a #2 center spot went out the window with the signings of Stastny and Lehtera. So he wanted to get out and the one year deal did that. I believe he also requested a trade before deciding to go to the KHL.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Not only that but he was also one of their best possession players and one of the best PKers in the league.

Ott does nothing like Sobotka. This loss is bigger than most are making it out to be. Their center ice is not as good now and they've lost a lot in terms of puck possession. I could see them stumbling a bit and not winning their division (I could also see Dallas over take them in the 2nd spot if the stars improve their D)

Plus they're using that Lehtera guy who's never played on NA ice IIRC.

Its not because Ott isn't replacing him and the Blues are stronger at center with Stastny on board.

Their center group of Backes, Stastny, Berglund and Lehtera will easily survive the loss of Sobotka. Plus with Ott and Stastny the Blues have added two strong faceoff men. That's not to say Sobotka isn't a nice player to have on a team. But folks are getting a little carried away with the impact of his loss.

Last edited:

ZeroPT*

Its not because Ott isn't replacing him and the Blues are stronger at center with Stastny on board.

Their center group of Backes, Stastny, Backlund and Lehtera will easily survive the loss of Sobotka. Plus with Ott and Stastny the Blues have added to strong faceoff men. That's not to say Sobotka isn't a nice player to have on a team. But folks are getting a little carried away with how much of an impact his loss will be.

Who's backlund?

I'm not sold on Lehtera.

I don't think it'll do much to them points wise but they lost their 3rd best possession player and best PKer, which Lehtera can't replace. It'll have an effect, albeit small.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Who's backlund?

I meant Berglund

I'm not sold on Lehtera.

You don't have to be. Stastny is exactly what they've been missing. A top 6 center that can anchor an all situations scoring line to go along with the Backes line in the top 6. Add in Berglund who should be able to thrive behind those two lines and they are much stronger than they were last year.

I don't think it'll do much to them points wise but they lost their 3rd best possession player and best PKer, which Lehtera can't replace. It'll have an effect, albeit small

Possibly, time will tell

Last edited:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Gotcha, I agree about Stasny being a more than sufficient regular season player to outweigh the loss of Sobotka. Probably hurts them more in the playoffs if nobody takes on his role.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Who's backlund?

220px-Backlund199809.jpg

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

It will affect them little either way.

Gotcha, I agree about Stasny being a more than sufficient regular season player to outweigh the loss of Sobotka. Probably hurts them more in the playoffs if nobody takes on his role.

They still need to make the playoffs and I thnk it won't be so easy for them.

Toughest division

They go back to reality in their divisional record closer to 1-2 games above .500

It will be a battle of 6 teams fighting for 4 or 5 playoff spots. Someone will be left out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00