News Article: "...Miller may have eyes set on Ducks."

Puckerz

Jun 7, 2013
Would you be willing to bet $26 Million or more on this?

Assuming that's your opinion?

I have always felt that if there was 1 guy that would accept less $ and term for what he thought was the best place to win it is Miller, and after not doing much when it counted the blues could get a sweet deal.

Miller is smart (sometimes gets him in trouble too) and I believe he would be open to a 3-year deal around 5.5'ish to give some $ elsewhere under the Cap in order achieve his only goal before he retires. I wouldn't be surprised if he's also watched video on Allen either and would be more than open to 50-55 games along with a mentoring role for Army's goalie of the future.

Pipe dream? Maybe, but I constantly see $ and term figures associated to Miller that, supposedly, he made it known that he wants to be even with the best in the game. Near as I can tell Miller has never made public what he is or isn't willing to accept.

Imo, his comment that Lundqvist "has set the bar" were not him saying he needs the same (or maybe not even close) ... he was just being literal with his choice of words as he almost always does which is extremely easy to interpret incorrectly (just like he was with the sister-in-law's wedding comment).

If you could have Miller for 3 yrs and 18 Million with a shared goal of winning now while mentoring the future in Allen, I'm assuming more would be on board with signing him?

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Assuming that's your opinion?

I have always felt that if there was 1 guy that would accept less $ and term for what he thought was the best place to win it is Miller, and after not doing much when it counted the blues could get a sweet deal.

Miller is smart (sometimes gets him in trouble too) and I believe he would be open to a 3-year deal around 5.5'ish to give some $ elsewhere under the Cap in order achieve his only goal before he retires. I wouldn't be surprised if he's also watched video on Allen either and would be more than open to 50-55 games along with a mentoring role for Army's goalie of the future.

Pipe dream? Maybe, but I constantly see $ and term figures associated to Miller that, supposedly, he made it known that he wants to be even with the best in the game. Near as I can tell Miller has never made public what he is or isn't willing to accept.

Imo, his comment that Lundqvist "has set the bar" were not him saying he needs the same (or maybe not even close) ... he was just being literal with his choice of words as he almost always does which is extremely easy to interpret incorrectly (just like he was with the sister-in-law's wedding comment).

If you could have Miller for 3 yrs and 18 Million with a shared goal of winning now while mentoring the future in Allen, I'm assuming more would be on board with signing him?

It's too much dollar per year for a position that really doesn't matter that much in this organization. That money needs to go towards scoring or we'll be facing this situation again next season.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
See, this is the thing. Some teams require that stud goalie but more often than not, it's needed to mask other issues. Teams with better structure don't necessarily require that lights out guy. And while it's nice to have, it can't be at the expense of the rest of the team. We are not a big-market franchise with money to burn, and need to address our issues wisely.

Look, it's fun to say Miller is a Blue. It's a point of pride (or at least it was prior to the playoffs), but honestly wins in the playoffs matter more than marquee names at this point.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Now we see why Miller played on the worst team in the league. He had one really fluky year and that's been about it. He's getting too old to look at him as a starter and for how much he's asking, his numbers are utter crap. Good enough to be a backup but a starter? No. Sorry. That eagle didn't even land, it crashed into a tree.

Let him walk. Jake Allen is there, Elliott is avaliable to sign and there's enough cap space for Armstrong to really make a statement about the future of the team. This team doesn't need Hiller or anyone else, they need scoring and productive first liners and they need to invest into it now.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
With the meltdown that just transpired in silicon valley ca, If the Sharks unload Niemi and his reasonable 3.8 million dollar salary I see the Sharks now going after Miller.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
he's not walking , he's being shown the door , the team signed Elliot to a 3 year extension and are going to have him battle the rookie for the starting job .

BigTeddyPaul

Jul 1, 2004
Sunny California
I think he showed himself the door. There was a chance that both Elliott and Miller would have left via free agency and we would be left with just Allen in the system. Sure, we could have signed someone but anyone decent would cost a lot more than the contract given out to Elliott and none/not many would be better considering how Elliott has performed here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad