Player Discussion Miller for a fair return

Should we trade Miller before this TDL if the return is fair?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Why would offers be better in the off season, when the aqiring team only gets Miller for one playoff? The idea is to mazimize our return, and that is done by the aquiring team using Miller as a rental for two playoffs.
Right now there may only be one team who is able and willing to put a serious offer down on Miller. In the offseason teams can create more cap flexibility so there could be more teams after Miller.

Reactions: MarkMM

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
As bad as Aquilini has been, I doubt he's pulling the strings on this...JR has brought in HIS people and Aquilini has been thoroughly embarrassed by Benning, he's likely slunk into the background for the moment...I think JR has some time before Aquilini starts to try and meddle. Besides...JR could be living in a nice retirement community playing Canasta with his buddies, he doesn't need, or have time to deal with a meddling owner. lol

Yeah...
That is fair...
But I also do think money talks.
Aquilini is extremely cheap...
But he has never been cheap about hockey.
His first instinct has always been to throw money at the problem.
There is a possibility that he just made Rutherford an offer he cannot refuse.

We will see.
Harmonic for a 3rd rounder is not a bad move...
But then that is immediately mitigated by the 3rd for Dermott.
:dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Canucker

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
miller needs to get a haul if traded. someone will bite to rutherfords/alvin's asking price. 2 picks+2 young players

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
My ideal return is:

NYR: Lafreniere and Schneider
COL: Byram and Newhook
TB: Turcotte and Clarke

And of course I would be willing to retain 50% of his salary

Reactions: Fatass

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
His agent tweeting "Show Me the Money" convinced me we are gonna have to let him walk so might as well get what we can. I think he is gonna be wayyyyyy too expensive right now for pretty much anyone so I think this summer is a lot more realistic once we realize 8 x 8.5 is not something we wanna fuk with.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
My ideal return is:

and being positioned to retain 50% (cap room) is why I don't like getting Dermott. We had cleared 3 mil for next year. there's the retention for Miller.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
and being positioned to retain 50% (cap room) is why I don't like getting Dermott. We had cleared 3 mil for next year. there's the retention for Miller.

Yeah, that's another good point. Though I really think next year should be a write off anyway. This team needs to take a step back and get this right. They aren't (and shouldn't be) looking to make the playoffs next year.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah, that's another good point. Though I really think next year should be a write off anyway. This team needs to take a step back and get this right. They aren't (and shouldn't be) looking to make the playoffs next year.
Totally agree. We need to take a couple steps back so we can move into the consistent contender in 2 or 3 years. Miller at 50% would have returned a lot. It's a missed opportunity we can't afford.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
My ideal return is:

You are on Crack if you think we are getting any of that...........and you meant LA not TB. There is no way we are getting those players - one of them (plus adds yes) would be a big return. I could see Laf in NYR or Byram in Col and possibly Turcotte in LA however the other pieces I don't think are moving.

Schneider though is my dream target after that probably Faber..........rhd is the number one position we need to shore up on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad