Post-Game Talk (GBU): Miller, Corsi, Regehr's Nose

KeepCalmandCorsiOn

Jun 30, 2013
John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl:
Ennis on Miller:"I told him in the huddle after game, ‘Every time I think you’re the best goalie in the world, you’re better than I think.’â€

Now that is just adorable.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Got home from the game ....

G-
The pregame honoring of Veterans Day/Remembrance Day. Very very classy. Nice touch.
Miller is solidifying serious consideration for team USA. He was stellar tonight.
Hodgson was solid. Even had a decent defensive game too. Imagine that.
Myers looked good tonight
Tropp was pretty effective
Flynn impressed me. He does a lot of little things that really makes him effective.
The PK was impressive.
Sometimes Ennis looked effective in the O zone....

B-
And then other times Ennis gets a bad case of the Afinogenovs for several shifts. Not to mention out to lunch defensively.
SOG for and against ... Bloody hell
The 50/50 just plain sucks now. It just does.
A small pocket of about 10 leaf fans sitting together chanting "go leafs go". Get a life you idiots.

U-
A few penalties the Sabres took were just pinheaded.

The security wand thing was harmless and took all of 10 seconds. Non issue like I thought it would be. Those who whine about it can GTFO.

I love RJ, but I didn't like him between the benches tonight. I understand why it happened. I just don't like a 71 year old man with no protection from players and pucks except a helmet. He could have taken a puck to the throat or chest and it would have been fatal. It made me cringe all night everytime the play or puck got near him.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Very entertaining game.

Team played well. Out talented (and out shot) by Kings but the effort by the home team was there.

Miller was outstanding. I hope he stays.

Grigs looked good to me. Shouldn't have been benched.

Excellent games from Myers and Ehrhoff

Stafford owes the boys who saved his *ss after he took the slashing penalty at the end of regulation.

Sabres bench looked tight and grim before the SO. Kings acted loose and looked like they thought they had this one in the win column. Go figure…….

Moulson made up in SO for the missed tip in.

Kings leave w/a OT loss.:handclap:

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
Sabres bench looked tight and grim before the SO. Kings acted loose and looked like they thought they had this one in the win column. Go figure…….
hopefully the guys start enjoying playing the game after this and it shows in their performances and confidence. I can't imagine losing that many games and what it does to them. Need to feel like they've got a shot...maybe not a good shot....but that they are not taken for granted by the other team each game.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
I'm not a believer in games in hand one way or the other so for all intents Edmonton is only 1 point ahead of us for last.

Games-in-hand isn't about "believing" one way or the other, it's just an accounting of the number of opportunities a team has had to get points vs. the actual number of points they have. If you have one more point, but three or four more games played, it does give a clearer reflection of the situation.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
We got the win somehow. Against a good team.

Myers was good again. Ott was a leader. Girgensons is moving and Risto continues to show me signs he will eventually be an impact player for the better.

Rolston:shakehead

Someone explain to me how Ennis is on the ice when we are up a goal in the last five minutes?

As a coach, you have to take your six best defensive forwards and make two lines of them when you're a flailing team protecting a one goal lead in the last five minutes. Ennis and stafford don't fall into that category.

And it's not "these guys were playing the best and were hot so they got the shift".... No. That's what you do when you're down a goal maybe. But the defensive zone and lead protection aren't situations to reward guys with. Identify your guys and roll with them. Ott, Flynn, McCormick, Foligno, Girgensons, Tropp. Done.

Shouldn't have gone to OT

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
We got the win somehow. Against a good team.

Myers was good again. Ott was a leader. Girgensons is moving and Risto continues to show me signs he will eventually be an impact player for the better.

Rolston:shakehead

Someone explain to me how Ennis is on the ice when we are up a goal in the last five minutes?

As a coach, you have to take your six best defensive forwards and make two lines of them when you're a flailing team protecting a one goal lead in the last five minutes. Ennis and stafford don't fall into that category.

And it's not "these guys were playing the best and were hot so they got the shift".... No. That's what you do when you're down a goal maybe. But the defensive zone and lead protection aren't situations to reward guys with. Identify your guys and roll with them. Ott, Flynn, McCormick, Foligno, Girgensons, Tropp. Done.

Shouldn't have gone to OT

I don't want Rolston to shorten the bench when we have a lead though, I'd rather he keep letting them attack. But gotta pick your spots--offensive zone starts, match lines, etc. Let your offensive skill guys chase the insurance marker, but be smart about when and where to utilize them.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I don't want Rolston to shorten the bench when we have a lead though, I'd rather he keep letting them attack. But gotta pick your spots--offensive zone starts, match lines, etc. Let your offensive skill guys chase the insurance marker, but be smart about when and where to utilize them.

I would be more cognizant of it than he was. Ennis, as hit or miss with puck possession as possible, shouldn't be on the ice. Many other options until an offensive zone draw

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Cram's BUG

Beneficial:

-Whatever the hell Rolston told them during the first int. Bodies flying in the latter 2/3.
-I was watching extra closely for defensive lapses/apathy from Hodgson but noticed a lot less, plus two opportunistic goals.
-Steve looking like Pavel on a few of his passes tonight, his skill is underrated because of his tenacity.
-Myers, Risto, and Ehrhoff stuck out to me among our D. All were physical and (somewhat) controlled play in our zone. Risto with some nice pinches and hits as well, he knows when to jump.
-Tropp showing serious Troppitude tonight. I just made that up because he gave 0 ****s for 60 mins.
-To a lesser extent, Foligno, Ott, McCormick, and Girgensons all had nice physical games.
-Flynnzies shot blocking, I counted 3 but may have missed some as I siesta'd in the 2nd.
-RJ's call from the ice, my Dad worked stage with Duff for the game and said everyone loved it.

Unimpressive:

-Shots.
-Thought Grigorenko floated too much, he needs to carry the puck to be effective at this point, Cody and Corey aren't exactly premier playmakers. Feels like Rolston should realize that by now.
-Weak games from Hank and McBain.

Ghastly:

-Wasting the best goalie in the world on the worst team in the NHL.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Hodgson was great.

It was odd that Rolston finally decides to dictate matchups and chooses Hodgson to be the center going against the top Kings' guys, but it worked tonight.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Good ol' JBuddy always there for an AM reply :cheers:

Maybe Ronny is just putting more pressure on Cody to be a 2-way forward :dunno:
It sure seemed like it tonight, and if he can get there consistently, we're in luck. His offense is proven (I love his tenacious style of offense, he can be a hound when he wants to be), we know that much, but if he can bring it defensively then I think we actually have a viable #1c. I thought he outplayed Kopitar tonight in fewer minutes (20 vs 23). He had good karma tonight though for sure, didn't think it was his best offensively, but he played a solid two-way game and was gifted with two gimme-goals.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
hopefully the guys start enjoying playing the game after this and it shows in their performances and confidence. I can't imagine losing that many games and what it does to them. Need to feel like they've got a shot...maybe not a good shot....but that they are not taken for granted by the other team each game.

It doesn't help when they get randomly benched in game or sat in the pressbox for no decernable reason.

Pathetic - Outshot 45-17

Karate Johnson*

I tried watching it, I watched for a while, and ended up turning off a tue game late in the third because I just don't care.

I don't care how the vast majority of these players perform.

Thanks Terry and Darcy.... You've made me completely indifferent to your product.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I tried watching it, I watched for a while, and ended up turning off a tue game late in the third because I just don't care.

I don't care how the vast majority of these players perform.

Thanks Terry and Darcy.... You've made me completely indifferent to your product.

I thank Terry and Darcy for taking a huge risk to try and build this way. We wasted 7 years middling in the standings and were not accomplishing anything. We need to get a center and a defenseman to build this team around and things will begin too fall in place.

Last edited:

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
BY66QwrIQAEofRk.jpg:large

:laugh:

That is fabulous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad