Rumor: Milbury would coach Bruins again

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Assistant coach to teach them how to be tough maybe.

If he became our GM we would all need a new team.

If he became coach and kept preaching the no fighting thing, I'd hope McQuaid would remind him what a fight is like during practice. :)

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
no **** he has nothing else going on

if he was coach when the savard hit happened there may have actually been a response

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
no **** he has nothing else going on

if he was coach when the savard hit happened there may have actually been a response

Back then, yes since he has pulled 180 on fighting. He is now against it, though I think Milbury's shift on some positions this year is just to be different and drive discussion with all the talent from TSN available he was sweating bullets. Just saying Mike Milbury of all people went on a national telecast this year and said given what we know about head shots fighting should be out of the game....

Would be a terrible hire in my opinion, should try finding somebody that knows something about hockey.:laugh:

Mike Milbury is the Matt Millen of hockey, and that is about as mean as I can be as a Detroit sports fan in terms of the person I am comparing him to.

The Bruins are an attractive job, they can do better than that.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
The screaming and knocking over garbage cans doesn't really work anymore, or not for any extended period of time. He would be better as a coach than gm but that isn't saying much, can't see the Bruins or anyother hiring him as head coach.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think just small talk. He's basically saying "Look, if it was too hard to pass up with any team, sure but it's a long shot and I like my job now"

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
Millbury is a miserable negative *****. The year the B's won the cup he told me in the NESN suite the Bruins were going to lose in the first round. I would rather see Torts coach the B's.

I want Torts so badly, this team needs a shock to the system and an attitude change. Torts is the man to do it. Good ole M******* to boot

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
As crazy as it is...after what we saw in Vancouver...I would kill to see John Tortorella behind the bench. My mother went to high school with him and always reminds be how big a jerk he was. Would love to tell her he was hired as the coach of the Bruins.

More than that, he might work in a system which preaches toughness. And, he'd certainly be a coach willing to make his thoughts known to upper management. I don't see that as a bad thing.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
As crazy as it is...after what we saw in Vancouver...I would kill to see John Tortorella behind the bench. My mother went to high school with him and always reminds be how big a jerk he was. Would love to tell her he was hired as the coach of the Bruins.

More than that, he might work in a system which preaches toughness. And, he'd certainly be a coach willing to make his thoughts known to upper management. I don't see that as a bad thing.

Can you imagine Torts reacting to a stupid question from Hags? :laugh:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Rumor: Blitzkrug would strongly consider becoming a Jets fan if Milbury coached the Bruins.

**** off, shoe man.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
There's a few people I'd like to see the Bruins coach right now. Milbury is not even close to being one of them. Assistant? Maybe. Definitely not a head coach or a GM.

Can you imagine this team being run by Milbury? I can't begin to think of the stupid contracts some players would have.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
To hell with Torts too. I'd rather roll the dice on a Paul Maclean or Guy Boucher before i give that retread a call.

Or keep Clode. Maybe giving him a useful defenseman or 5 would help him out.

hollafamer

Jan 24, 2011
I think Torts is the definition of a perfect match for this team he tried to transform Van into a hard, tough team but the problem was their roster wasn't fit for that style. Torts could give this team the excact kick in the ass it needs. He is from Boston so he understands what the bruins are all about. He has coached a stanley cup so he definetly knows how to win. And just think how the Boston media would be with both Torts and Belicheck here that a defintion of hell for reporters lol.

Love him would fight for his team like Don cherry he is my kind of coach. I understand if people want something else but I think above all else Tort's bruins team would at the very least be fun to watch.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
What a **** move to say you'd be willing to coach a team if they fire the current guy. After the job becomes available, okay...

Although, I do miss the days when coaches weren't afraid to hurt a refs feelings.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
A lot of people can't seem to separate Milbury the coach (not bad) and Milbury the GM (worst ever)

He wouldn't be a bad hire. He wouldn't be my first choice either, but I wouldn't mind him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think Torts is the definition of a perfect match for this team he tried to transform Van into a hard, tough team but the problem was their roster wasn't fit for that style. Torts could give this team the excact kick in the ass it needs. He is from Boston so he understands what the bruins are all about. He has coached a stanley cup so he definetly knows how to win. And just think how the Boston media would be with both Torts and Belicheck here that a defintion of hell for reporters lol.

Love him would fight for his team like Don cherry he is my kind of coach. I understand if people want something else but I think above all else Tort's bruins team would at the very least be fun to watch.

i like Torts myself, but my issue with him is that he seems to have a short shelf life before his teams start getting sick of him. And it isn't just one team that has done this either...there is a pattern

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad