Value of: Milan Lucic (salary retained)

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
saddly i dont see him going only way i see him going is through expansion draft and were going to have to pay up for seattle to take him

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Better for Edmonton to have him on the ice than to retain on him and get less than nothing back.

Play him.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Guy has probably been like the 5th or 6th best player on the team this year, if not higher. He is playing well and looks happy out there. Not the same player from the last half of last year. People seem to forget he actually played pretty damn well up until Christmas last year too.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Guy has probably been like the 5th or 6th best player on the team this year, if not higher. He is playing well and looks happy out there. Not the same player from the last half of last year. People seem to forget he actually played pretty damn well up until Christmas last year too.
Apparently we get to pick and choose which sample sizes are too small to apply to certain arguments. Like 36 games of poor hockey over the course of a 10 year career.

Reactions: McNuge and 780il

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Still astronomical because of his NMC and the coming expansion draft.

Think 1st round pick or your top forward prospect attached.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
we saw how teams value guys like Wilson and ryan reeves this past year. reeves cant even play 10 mins a game and his best season is 13 points.

Wilson has a single season above 23 points and one season he played more than 13 mins per game

lucic only played less than 14 mins a game in his rookie season and his only season with less than 23 points was when he played just 50 games

fans are IDIOTS who think there wouldn't be a taker for him at his full salary. the truth is Edmonton hasn't asked him to waive his ntc. he hasn't asked for a trade. fans may be too ignorant to see value in him but the oilers are just fine keeping him

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
we saw how teams value guys like Wilson and ryan reeves this past year. reeves cant even play 10 mins a game and his best season is 13 points.

Wilson has a single season above 23 points and one season he played more than 13 mins per game

lucic only played less than 14 mins a game in his rookie season and his only season with less than 23 points was when he played just 50 games

fans are IDIOTS who think there wouldn't be a taker for him at his full salary. the truth is Edmonton hasn't asked him to waive his ntc. he hasn't asked for a trade. fans may be too ignorant to see value in him but the oilers are just fine keeping him

lol.... k

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
He might be the 6th best forward in Edmonton so far, but keep in mind that a) it's a small sample size and b) the Oilers is a garbage team. No team will take that horrible Lucic contract.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Fact: nobody has taken Lucic from Edmonton.

But hey it might happen. I mean, someone once trade Forsberg for Erat. Someone signed signed Lucic to stupid contract.

his agent said in no uncertain terms that the team had not asked him to waive his nmc. since he has a nmc this means the team was not trying to trade him

his agent said lucic did not ask for a trade... since he has a nmc this means the team wasn't trying to trade him

im sorry if it goes into the face of all the know-it-all home quarterbacks but if a player has a nmc and hasn't been asked to move it... hes not being moved

I mean by our bizzare logic connor McDavid hasn't been moved either. nobody took him either. maybe he will be the next Forsberg for erat trade lol...

we can go with your logic and take it to the idiot level or we can just trust his agent isn't lying and that no move was ever in discussion

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
If Lucic is playing well and "fans are idiots for thinking no team wants him" then why does this thread (and the other 100 Lucic threads made by Edmonton fans) exist? Just keep him.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Lucic was.....an interesting player a year ago today. I think majority of hockey world saw him as overpaid, but he had been a mostly serviceable player, nobody expected him to suck as much

i thkn if he can have a very good first half - some team may be willing to take a chance at him. Until then he's still damaged goods with big negative value

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I'd take Lucic on my team any day of the week, but for my team we would need retention or send a player of the same age and term back. I don't think we have one of those either. So retention is the only we we can fit him. Still I would definitely take the player at full capacity if it were possible.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Two teams might be interested; the Kings, since they're already slow, he'd fit right in and the Wild, since they're already old, he'd fit right in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad