Milan Lucic is David Clarkson 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
Absolutely looking terrible and slug like out there. Saw some early season success playing w Mcdavid but the Oil brass smartly realized that he was hindering Connor. Maroon supplanted Lucic out of the top line.

Lucic has 1 goal in the last 20 games. ONE !

I think the Oilers thought he could be what Semenko was to Gretzky

Lucic absolutely ripped off the Oilers w 7 yrs 42 million dollar contract based on reputation but anyone who saw him the last few years and this years knows he a shell of his former self. Slow as a slug and intimidation factor is gone since Prout knocked him out. I firmly believe this guy will be David Clarksson like in terms of contract and production in 2 yrs.

His body has taken a beating with the way he played his 1st 5 yrs. He is only 28 yrs old but his body is bruised and battered far beyond those yrs.

Already struggling to produce at 28 yrs old. Can you imagine what he's going to look like at 32 yrs old with 3 yrs left on that contract making 6 million a year.

Oiler fans will come in here and tell you that he's a great locker room guy which might be true but you don't pay guys 6 mil a year to be a great morale presence ..and it doesn't take away from the fact that he will prevent the Oilers from getting much needed help in the future because he is taking up 6 mil a year when Mcdavid starts making 10 mil a year and Drai at 7 .

His contract is looking alot like David Clarksson and will be Unmoveable in the future which I think a lot of fans predicted when he signed the contract last summer.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
From OP: Chia is the worst GM in the NHL, Talbot is breaking down, Lucic is the worst contract in the league and Clarkson 2.0.

If only we were in the position the Canucks are in there would be reason for optimism amirite?

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Absolutely looking terrible and slug like out there. Saw some early season success playing w Mcdavid but the Oil brass smartly realized that he was hindering Connor. Maroon supplanted Lucic out of the top line.

Lucic absolutely ripped off the Oilers w 7 yrs 42 million dollar contract based on reputation but anyone who saw him the last few years and this years knows he a shell of his former self. Slow as a slug and intimidation factor is gone since Prout knocked him out. I firmly believe this guy will be David Clarksson like in terms of contract and production in 2 yrs.

His body has taken a beating with the way he played his 1st 5 yrs. He is only 28 yrs old but his body is bruised and battered far beyond those yrs.

Already struggling to produce at 28 yrs old. Can you imagine what he's going to look like at 32 yrs old with 3 yrs left on that contract making 6 million a year.

Oiler fans will come in here and tell you that he's a great locker room guy which might be true but you don't pay guys 6 mil a year to be a great morale presence ..and it doesn't take away from the fact that he will prevent the Oilers from getting much needed help in the future because he is taking up 6 mil a year when Mcdavid starts making 10 mil a year and Drai at 7 .

His contract is looking alot like David Clarksson and will be moveable in the future which I think a lot of fans predicted when he signed the contract last summer.

There was a contingent of Pens fans that wanted him on the team. I wouldnt have minded him but not for $6mil a year. It wasnt hard to see this contract not being awesome in the very near future. Looks like it came to be a bit quicker than anticpated.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Maybe. But he was great last year, and players often underperform in the first year of a big contract.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016

His contract is looking alot like David Clarksson and will be moveable in the future which I think a lot of fans predicted when he signed the contract last summer.

I love Lucic and how he plays. And as a Leafs fan I watched him play a lot and he was a force. But you are absolutely right. His body is worn and he doesn't have a lot of speed. There were some super questionable contracts handed out in free agency last summer. (Andrew Ladd,Frans Nielsen) But in a couple years the Oil might be thinking what were we doing. I think he will bounce back though and have a couple a good seasons. But the last half of this deal is gonna be brutal.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
There was a contingent of Pens fans that wanted him on the team. I wouldnt have minded him but not for $6mil a year. It wasnt hard to see this contract not being awesome in the very near future. Looks like it came to be a bit quicker than anticpated.

Yes Canucks were interested too but nowhere near the term of 7 yrs. I think Benning thought he could get a backyard discount since lucic is from van. Beginning wanted to front load the contract something like 3 yrs 7 mil but backed out when Oil offered 42 mil in 6 yrs.

Phew. Dodged that bullet. But then wasted it on L Ericksson

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
OP is correct. Lucic has been underwhelming. There are a few Clarksons this year. Lucic, Ericsson and Ladd. Going off the top of my head

This is only the 1st of 7 years. Oh man

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
So are you his physician?

Should I look and see how many other players only have 1 goal in their last 20? I bet there's one on your team

Nop not a physician but just general common sense is needed to see his body is slowing down immensely.

And yes please go find me a player w. 1 goal in last 20 games making 6 mil a year for 7 more yrs.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
....Is this surprising? Literally everyone saw this coming. Just like everyone saw Andrew Ladd's contract being awful, and everyone saw David Backes's contract being awful. These things aren't difficult to detect.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
So are you his physician?

Should I look and see how many other players only have 1 goal in their last 20? I bet there's one on your team

Seriously?

You need to be a physician to take an educated guess on things? Its not hard to surmise that players like Looch tend to break down a bit quicker than others.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Clarkson's first year with the Leafs:

60GP 5G 6A 11 PTS

Lucic

56Gp 11G 19A 30PTs

I'm not saying Lucic has been everything the Oilers could have wanted, but you're clickbait title is pretty ridiculous

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Clarkson had a history of being able to score and a solid player plus there was a bidding war between Toronto and Ottawa with Milan is a older player that has slowed down no other team was really serious.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
I didn't think Ladd was going to be this bad ! I knew Lucic and Backes for sure were horrendous contracts but not Ladd. I was wrong

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Lucic has 30 points in 56 games with Edmonton.

Clarkson had 26 points in 118 games with Toronto.

Don't disrespect Clarkson like this. He is the God of bad contracts.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Clarkson had a history of being able to score and a solid player plus there was a bidding war between Toronto and Ottawa with Milan is a older player that has slowed down no other team was really serious.

You say that like Lucic didnt have a history of being able to score and being a solid player. He certainly was.

Also. While there may not have been a bidding war, as was mentioned, Vancouver was looking pretty hard at him.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

60GP 5G 6A 11 PTS

Lucic

56Gp 11G 19A 30PTs

I'm not saying Lucic has been everything the Oilers could have wanted, but you're clickbait title is pretty ridiculous

Clarkson had one season over 40 points his entire career. Lucic already has 6.

OP also had the Chia worst GM thread too.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Lucic has 30 points in 56 games with Edmonton.

Clarkson had 26 points in 118 games with Toronto.

Don't disrespect Clarkson like this. He is the God of bad contracts.

Edmonton got Milan to score some said they were looking for him to get 25-30 per year to be only at 11 is not good.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016

60GP 5G 6A 11 PTS

Lucic

56Gp 11G 19A 30PTs

Lucics points are primarily thanks to playing w Mcdavid early early in the season.

Clarkson comparison is fair but will be more accurate in upcoming years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad