Prospect Info: Mikhail Grigorenko (2012, 12th) – '14-15: Rochester #25 (AHL) – Part 3: Reassigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Yeah, they were better NHL players. Grigorenko was in way over his head last year and not at all an NHL player. Omark, no, but he was only here for 10 games or so.

so, since the time when Matt Ellis was a better NHL Hockey player than Mikhail Grigorenko... please recap for us what Grigorenko has done on the ice.

proceed

C Note

Jan 31, 2014
This thread is absurd.

Someone please provide me an example of a player who failed reach his potential after he was told he had to earn his spot on an NHL team, worked hard in attempt to accomplish that, but ultimately was sent to the minors when he was 20, and was disappointed.

Thank you in advance.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
so, since the time when Matt Ellis was a better NHL Hockey player than Mikhail Grigorenko... please recap for us what Grigorenko has done on the ice.

proceed

Well you admitted to watching only two preseason games so I am not going to do your homework for you. Go watch and get back to me.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
you keep saying that, and I keep laughing...

When I think "by a lot" I think of comparing Crosby to say ... Leino.

When I think of Grigorenko compared to Reinhart.. "A lot" does not compute. He played better. But not by "a lot". I think that's just gross exaggeration in an attempt to "debate cause it's fun".

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Honestly, at this point the whole thread is a giant gif of the dude's head exploding in Videodrome.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I think it's fair to say Grigs played noticeably better, there's a reason mckenzie commented as he did

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Well you admitted to watching only two preseason games so I am not going to do your homework for you. Go watch and get back to me.

so, you can't recap Grigorenko from juniors to ahl/ahl playoffs to int'l to camp to preseason?

generally, when someone has an informed opinion, they jump at the opportunity to lay out there case... as usual, you hide from it. it's a good indicator of TOOYA syndrome

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Strokes you know if Reinhart gets sent back, we can't bring him back, but Grigorenko can be returned from Rochester, right?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
so, you can't recap Grigorenko from juniors to ahl/ahl playoffs to int'l to camp to preseason?

generally, when someone has an informed opinion, they jump at the opportunity to lay out there case... as usual, you hide from it. it's a good indicator of TOOYA syndrome

prepositions are typically removed from acronyms

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
When I think "by a lot" I think of comparing Crosby to say ... Leino.

When I think of Grigorenko compared to Reinhart.. "A lot" does not compute. He played better. But not by "a lot". I think that's just gross exaggeration in an attempt to "debate cause it's fun".

exactly.... he played like a guy with 2 years preparation.

there's one phrase where "by a lot" does compute in a reinhart/grigorenko discussion.... Reinhart looked A LOT better at 18 yrs old than Grigorenko looked at 18 old

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

You missed his point. Grigs has accomplished nothing to this point as a pro hockey player (NHL/AHL). Having a couple nice preseason games against quasi NHL talent doesn't change that. The kid still has a ton to prove. I think he is going to do just that in the coming month but it hasn't happened yet.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

Nope, all I can do is tell you that he was our 2nd best center in preseason.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

there's one phrase where "by a lot" does compute in a reinhart/grigorenko discussion.... Reinhart looked A LOT better at 18 yrs old than Grigorenko looked at 18 old

Yep. Agree.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
You missed his point. Grigs has accomplished nothing to this point as a pro hockey player (NHL/AHL). Having a couple nice preseason games against quasi NHL talent doesn't change that. The kid still has a ton to prove and is heading in the right direction to do just that.

his past accomplishments have no bearing on his current demonstrated ability

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

Yes he did. Grigs isn't 18 anymore though.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
his past accomplishments have no bearing on his current demonstrated ability

Actually they do from a management pov. They want to see this level of commitment have consistency over time and see how it reacts to adversity (like this situation). Its rare that two years of what we saw from Grigs is wiped away by a nice training camp and preseason. Particularly for a new management that is the one that felt he needed to take a step back to take two forward.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
This thread is so far off the rails I find myself defending the decision to send Grigo down.

tumblr_mcjc6cDHc21qir3eco1_500.gif

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Actually they do from a management pov. They are now in show me mode for the next little while. Its rare that two years of what we saw from Grigs is wiped away by a nice training camp and preseason. Particularly for a new management that is the one that felt he needed to take a step back to take two forward.

If management feels past performance dictates current ability that's an indictment of their logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad