Mike Weaver in Montreal

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Weaver would have those moments where he's thinking that he's Karlsson, and then in the middle of the play he'd realise "holy ****, I'm Mike ****ing Weaver", and completely **** up the play he was trying to do. :laugh:

:laugh: Holy ****, I I'm Mike ****ing Weaver :laugh:

I just died, he was so awesome in front of the net, 2nd best in front guy next to B52 we've had in years IMO.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
:laugh: Holy ****, I I'm Mike ****ing Weaver :laugh:

I just died, he was so awesome in front of the net, 2nd best in front guy next to B52 we've had in years IMO.

His dad comes into my work every other week and he told me Mike liked it in Florida and would have re-signed here because he wanted to see what Tallon had planned this off-season but when the chance of playing for a playoff contender came up and at the age of 36, he picked the latter. I wouldn't be mad if Tallon threw him an offer again but doubt he isn't re-signed by the Habs as he's playing like a #4D right now.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Murray is getting ripping for that coverage on the OT goal, but Weaver didn't look so innocent either. Typical Weavs trying to sit on/block the puck instead of taking his man in front of the net, though. :laugh:
To be fair, there's not much Weaver could do. It deflected off Eller in front, and then off him. He had no idea where the puck was. Best option was to drop and hope it's covered somehow.

He was an absolute monster last night. Played with a rookie in his first ever playoff game. He had a 3:00 minute shift (PK, then Subban failed to clear, then they cleared a bit and got half a change, but Gorges and Weaver were stuck on the ice). He was still blocking shots 150 seconds in.

The crazy thing? He was back on the ice a minute later.

Gave us 15 solid minutes last night, picked up another assist on the Pacioretty goal, and he leads the team with a +7 in the Playoffs. He's now +16 in 27 games for Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad