Mike Santorelli vs Cody Hodgson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Give it a couple months before we start saying Santo and Hodgson are at the same level, but yes the early returns are very promising. Does Santo put up this pace if he was the top line C on an awful Sabres team? I think we are benefiting from a good fit, kind of like the Sabres and Islanders benefited from a good fit.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Santo has had the better year. If you need a guy to run a pp Hodgson is better if you need a guy who can play wing and take defensive zone draws Santo is your guy. For the Canucks Santo is a better fit and a better value. Hodgson is a less talented less physical Sedin who dies not play d. He is still young so likely to improve. I think if you put this Santo with Vanek he would be outpointing Hodgson and the Sabres would have more points as well

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Santorelli has been amazing for the Canucks so far, but I'd like to see what we think of him after a full season and on a proper contract.

Comparing between the two, from the best speculation we have Hodgson didn't seem happy stuck at 3rd line center behind Henrik and Kesler. Hodgson is a better top six center, but Santorelli so far is a much better utility player. If Kesler is going to be converted full time to the wing, then right now we'd probably be better off with Hodgson. If he moves back to the #2 C spot, maybe when Burrows comes back, then Santorelli should be a better fit for the team.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd rather have had Lucic compared to Ebbett.

And instead of Ballard, having Niedermayer circa 2006 would have given us a boost.

Perhaps most aptly, I'd much rather have Tavares over Sestito.

There isn't much, other then position played and size, to compare them. Hodgson is a highly touted player/former prospect, Santorelli has developed into an admirable stand in for the Canucks despite his draft position.

FloydTheBarber

Aug 10, 2006
Hodgson's the better player, but taking cap hit into consideration, and that one's dream was to play for the Canucks, while the others was to be gift wrapped ice-time regardless of the logo on his sweater, I'll take Santo.

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada
While it is quite ridiculous to compare Santorelli and Hodgson due to their different pedigrees, I'd take Hodgson if he ever develops even half the complete game that Santorelli plays right now.

Sadly, I doubt that will happen as Hodgson will be gifted top line minutes for the next few years even while he plays garbage defense. Santorelli on the other hand had to reinvent himself to stay in the league and its that kind of drive that makes you improve.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Santorelli is playing very well and hopefully will be a hidden gem for us, but comparing him to Hodgson is nothing short of ridiculous.

May 29, 2009
well it's not really a fair comparison cause clearly when santo's dad asked for more icetime, santo got it. so unfair.

love this thread !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad