Mike Santorelli - Underrated

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
He's a good shootout option, that's pretty much it. Too soft to be considered valuable to a team that is serious about contending for a Stanley cup.

my favorite thing about gravity is that it makes everything float

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
After hearing all the praise Canucks fans were giving him after the leafs signed him, was kinda odd behaviour around here since once players leave a team they get shat on. But after 28 games I can see why. They even said he would be our 2nd line RW by the end of the season and you could argue he already is.

Excellent versatile player that will at least get a 3x3 deal in the summer if he keeps it up

hockeywoot

Oct 29, 2010
China
The most he's been paid in a season to date is $1.6m (2-year), so it hasn't happened yet...

Anyway, I think his mindset towards the game and preparation has really turned around as he's improved, and his 2-way play nowadays is pretty impressive. He's a guy that a lot of minor league scorers stuck in the AHL could learn from.

Yep. Apparently he wanted multi-year, and Benning wasn't willing to bite (understandable). This is perhaps one of the reasons Van. didn't resign him.

Not surprised how he's playing this year, appears he's picking up where he'd left of. Not a core piece, but an extremely versatile utility player.

Its great to see. Last year and this year: it looks like a player that finally 'gets it'. Bounced around, snatched up for minimum last year. On the verge of heading to Swiss League.

Big commitment to fitness in the offseason, also adapted to playing a stronger-2way game that makes him more attractive as a FA and keep him employed in the NHL for a longer time.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
He's not underrated on the Canucks boards...

That's for sure. Even though Dorsett is doing alright, I'd much rather have Santo in his place. Smart, strong defensively, gives his all every shift, plays anywhere in the lineup. Kinda like Higgins, you just can't go wrong with having him eating minutes.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
He's a fan favourite in Toronto along with Komarov. Both guys just work their tails off every shift and get it done.

There's a reason a lot of Canucks fans were upset he wasn't re-signed. They liked his game over there too.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It was sad to see him go. He is a Vancouver boy grew up idolizing the Canucks.

Dave Nonis game him an offer no team can match. So props to him.

Hope he continues to play well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad