Mike Santorelli - Underrated

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
The Leafs lost Dave Bolland and Nikolai Kulemin last off-season by not over-paying them.

Bolland makes 5.5 million, Kulemin makes over 4 million, both on long term deals.

Mike Santorelli has been outproducing both for 1.5 million and is criminally underrated. He's arguably been the Leafs most complete forward, and I'd even go as far as to say he's been our best overall forward this season so far (only Leo Komarov comes close).

Just wanted to share how underrated he is.

TOML

Oct 4, 2006
Walnut Grove
Now this I can get behind.

Good for him. Hopefully he stays healthy and earns a long term deal. Probably $4mil+ per, considering what Raymond got in the summer.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I really liked his game when he played with the Jets. He is a very good third line forward that can fill in the top 6 when needed. With the right linemates, he could probably put up another 40 point season.

Too bad for the Leafs though as he is going to want to get paid big time next season. I could see him fetching around 4 Million on the market if he continues this pace.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Mike Santorelli in a nutshell. has a good season with a team to earn a large contract, then goes back to being a mediocre 13th forward after cashing in

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Yeah I've been pretty impressed with him so far this season. He's fitting in well on the second line. Good at holding onto the puck and sustaining pressure. I'm really hoping the Leafs can lock him up for a few years. Would love to see a three year deal at around $2M a year.

LolClarkson*

The Leafs lost Dave Bolland and Nikolai Kulemin last off-season by not over-paying them.

Bolland makes 5.5 million, Kulemin makes over 4 million, both on long term deals.

Mike Santorelli has been outproducing both for 1.5 million and is criminally underrated. He's arguably been the Leafs most complete forward, and I'd even go as far as to say he's been our best overall forward this season so far (only Leo Komarov comes close).

Just wanted to share how underrated he is.

Players that play his style are just not in vogue right now. Its big "power forward" or " 2 way" players like Dave Bolland and Ryan Orubles that are in vogue. The same thing happened with Mayson Raymond last year.

The speedy skill players have to work a lot harder to earn their money then the "2 way" Gods like Ryan O'Rubles:shakehead

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I really hope we sign another Canucks reject to a bargain contract this offseason when Santorelli gets his (well deserved) pay-day.

Thought you already got Booth :sarcasm:

Nah, I could see him trying to get a contract similar to Raymond of 3 years at $3 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad