Mike Richards VI (UGH): The Armageddon Edition (MOD NOTE POST #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
But all this broke weeks before all the media guys took their summer hibernations, so in my opinion, they're still under some sort of gag order.As for TMZ, they're not the least bit intimidated by some highly influential group who put a gag order on the whole media clan to begin with.

That's because they don't have to try and deal with them for their normal job. Where all the hockey writers do. So it's not worth burning the bridges to be the one to break it.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That's because they don't have to try and deal with them for their normal job. Where all the hockey writers do. So it's not worth burning the bridges to be the one to break it.

So who holds that kind of power, the NHL, a sports agency, a country perhaps? Even ESPN backed away and we all know how they've never shy'd away from a story. Hell, that's almost all they cover now with all the trouble the NFL players seem to get into.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
I mention this in a previous post. But it's bares repeating. During the most recent podcast of Marek vs Wyshynski. Wyshynski mention that there's a lot more too it then just Richards crossing the border with Oxy. Marek and Wyshynski were also the ones who earlier stated that they wouldnt mention anything in detail about the Richards situation for legal reasons. And Wyshynski seem to feel like Richards wouldn't be playing in the NHL next season.

Captain Mittens*

I mention this in a previous post. But it's bares repeating. During the most recent podcast of Marek vs Wyshynski. Wyshynski mention that there's a lot more too it then just Richards crossing the border with Oxy. Marek and Wyshynski were also the ones who earlier stated that they wouldnt mention anything in detail about the Richards situation for legal reasons. And Wyshynski seem to feel like Richards wouldn't be playing in the NHL next season.

Is it the June 29 episode or July 3?
http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/marek-vs-wyshynski/

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

I'd be shocked if Richards ever plays in the NHL again, unless he is for some reason completely broke and needs the money.

Even if he doesn't get another dime from the Kings (still think they will settle) he should have plenty of money to last him the rest of his life and it really doesn't seem like a player who has any kind of hunger to keep playing the game for a fraction of what he has made in the past.

buckwheat*

Been reading all the Richards threads for the past week now and decided it was time to make a account.
:yo:

I think this is all going to come down to proving if Richards was KNOWINGLY neglecting his duties as a player for the Kings. I think Dean spelled it out clearly for him before he decided not to use a buyout on Richards (and I wouldn't be surprised if there was document involved), and I would guess Dean doesn't think Richards dealt in good faith with everything that went on. My own opinion is that this was the icing on the cake of a bunch of things that have been going on this year and when Dean saw all his work involving a trade to get rid of Richards he had enough.

If Richards was a regular employee, and Lombardi was his boss, he likely would have been fired with no severance and we would not be defending that employee, we would be calling him a idiot....

Captain Mittens*

Been reading all the Richards threads for the past week now and decided it was time to make a account.
:yo:

I think this is all going to come down to proving if Richards was KNOWINGLY neglecting his duties as a player for the Kings. I think Dean spelled it out clearly for him before he decided not to use a buyout on Richards (and I wouldn't be surprised if there was document involved), and I would guess Dean doesn't think Richards dealt in good faith with everything that went on. My own opinion is that this was the icing on the cake of a bunch of things that have been going on this year and when Dean saw all his work involving a trade to get rid of Richards he had enough.

If Richards was a regular employee, and Lombardi was his boss, he likely would have been fired with no severance and we would not be defending that employee, we would be calling him a idiot....
Otay and welcome!

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Part of me feels bad if Richards loses out on $15m that the Kings were on the hook for, but then part of me looks at the fact that MR made about that much the past two seasons while contributing basically nothing on the ice.

I think we'll see a settlement, but no idea how that would work out with the cap, likely why the Kings don't look like they are going to spend close to the cap until this is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad