Mike Richards VI (UGH): The Armageddon Edition (MOD NOTE POST #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
a tale of the Lucic Trade
that was done before the draft
and announced by 2pm

Lombardi was a savvy gm
Solomon wise and cagey
They were trying to trade Mike that day
to a Pacific Division rival
a Pacific Division Rival.

The news started coming in
Mikey had been popped
at the border with Oxy days before
his contract couldn't be shopped

:handclap:

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
If another team signs Mike Richards, will the Mike Richards threads finally cease? Or do we have to wait until he's completely off the books for these threads to completely go away? Seriously, I'm burnt out on seeing anything Mike Richards related.....

Considering we just had a Bud Holloway thread for him signing in Montreal, I wouldn't hold my breath in hopes the Richards threads will cease in the next decade.

Weiss isn't there.
Semin isn't there.
All bought out players aren't there. It's possible that Richards isn't in the NHLPA, but it's more likely that guys without contracts (except guys who were typical UFAs) are removed from the site until they get contracts.

They also tend to remove guys who get sent to the minors. Basically, if you aren't listed on a NHL pro roster, you usually get removed from the website.

So what do most think.
A. Richards fades into oblivion.
B. Richards resurgence despite outcome
C. Richards only plays if contract terminated.

D. He and Stoll open up a pharmaceutical company 'Rich n' Stool'

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
and announced by 2pm

Lombardi was a savvy gm
Solomon wise and cagey

Mikey had been popped

Mike's contract got terminated
the following Monday
with little detail,
No press conference.
No Q & A,
or union fight,
Just Macramella and Buccigross
here on Dry Island!

There were other players involved, but they are just "And the Rest!!!"

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Sorry if I missed it, but it seems you must go through 100's of posts to catch details.
I am not lazy, but go through the last 3 pages and need to get back to work.

Question about the 'icky' comment(s). Who said this? More than 1 person?
and any full quote about that?

as in "icky incident" "icky details" "icky and people will be shocked" etc.

Last edited:

Captain Mittens*

Sorry if I missed it, but it seems you must go through 100's of posts to catch details.
I am not lazy, but go through the last 3 pages and need to get back to work.

Question about the 'icky' comment(s). Who said this? More than 1 person?
and any full quote about that?

as in "icky incident" "icky details" "icky and people will be shocked" etc.

I think the Icky comment was made on a podcast by Puck Daddy

Ron*

and announced by 2pm

Lombardi was a savvy gm
Solomon wise and cagey

Mikey had been popped

the following Monday
with little detail,
No press conference.
No Q & A,
or union fight,
here on Dry Island!

Platinum.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
and announced by 2pm

Lombardi was a savvy gm
Solomon wise and cagey

Mikey had been popped

the following Monday
with little detail,
No press conference.
No Q & A,
or union fight,
here on Dry Island!

guns-replaced-thumbs-up-19.jpg

On-topic: Thanks to the previous two legal-eagles who replied to my questions. It's obviously a "we'll see" at this point (although maybe someone should tell that to the Main Board Mob; they've apparently got Lombardi effigies they're ready to burn). One non-legal element that's interesting to me, at least, is the fact that there's seemingly been absolute radio silence from Richards' side --this includes the NHLPA--, both in terms of what he did (OK, this isn't really a surprise) and their potential options going-forward (this, I really am surprised at). Yeah, I know; his side has a bunch more days yet to do something; I just can't recall a similar situation where the aggrieved side hasn't said virtually anything about taking action...

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I think the NHLPA is getting everything in order before they even say a word. And once they do break the silence it will be deafening the amount of noise they do make.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm against the termination of contracts but if this is truly "icky" details.... then I'd have no problem with termination.

Ron*

I think the NHLPA is getting everything in order before they even say a word. And once they do break the silence it will be deafening the amount of noise they do make.

Ah, I don't know.

He was held for four hours.

Four freakin' hours.

You don't get held for four hours for failing to produce the prescription for a bottle of pills.

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
Ah, I don't know.

He was held for four hours.

Four freakin' hours.

You don't get held for four hours for failing to produce the prescription for a bottle of pills.

This + gag order (nobody is leaking the big details)+investigation equates to something bigger than a bottle. My uneducated:) guess would be that a sting is in the works.....or the paper trail is long.

This situation is freakish...with all the media outlets (social especially), it's rather amazing to see something that has everyone stumped.

He really is Cannon.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No, but you can be detained at that particular crossing for 4 hours (or more) while your vehicle's being "thoroughly" searched (been there, done that).

I had my car almost entirely dismantled pretty much 'just because' so I believe it. I wouldn't put too much stock into that piece in a vacuum.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
The other thing right now is, all the credible media people are on holidays for the summer so they aren't even digging since they're all at their cottages or on trips. It's pretty sad when TMZ is our only hope for any info.

Ron*

No, but you can be detained at that particular crossing for 4 hours (or more) while your vehicle's being "thoroughly" searched (been there, done that).

I had my vehicle searched at a border crossing once and it took them about 45 minutes. When the inspector came back and asked me my occupation, I told him I was a federal law enforcement officer. He just stared at me and asked me why I didn't tell him in the first place. I told him he never asked me. He just stared at me again with that incredulous-Bill-Cosby-look and told me he just wasted an hour of his time. I told him what the **** does he care? He's getting paid all the same.

Pure comedy.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The other thing right now is, all the credible media people are on holidays for the summer so they aren't even digging since they're all at their cottages or on trips. It's pretty sad when TMZ is our only hope for any info.

But all this broke weeks before all the media guys took their summer hibernations, so in my opinion, they're still under some sort of gag order.As for TMZ, they're not the least bit intimidated by some highly influential group who put a gag order on the whole media clan to begin with.

Ron*

I had my car almost entirely dismantled pretty much 'just because' so I believe it. I wouldn't put too much stock into that piece in a vacuum.

Sue the mother *******. I would. (Because I know for a fact you can't do it "just because.")

I'm serious man. Some of the a-holes work the borders think they are on the same level as Jesus Gibson. Don't let them get away with **** like that. They have to have probable cause to tear a car apart.

Ron*

Unless you are also a two-time Stanley Cup champion, they aren't going to treat Richards the same way as they would you. Because it can be quite embarrassing to hold a star like that for that length of time without some real serious reason(s).

Now, your common MooseHead? Yeah, they will take more liberties with you, because you aren't some former superstar from days gone past. (At least, not that I know of.) Is it right? **** no. Does it happen? Of course it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad