Kings Article: Mike Richards Interview "Not Content to be a 4th Line Center"

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Johnny, I consider you a buddy. But it seems sometimes like you would rather win a street fight than cups

Johnny would rather win at Street Fighter II with his favorite lineup than win with Zangief.

2010421-zangief0.gif

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
It's been said before but do not expect Toffoli and Pearson to stick with Carter all season. Those kids are going to struggle at some point. Richards will get plenty of ice time on the 2nd line.

I agree with this, but this line is a part of a long term strategy. Richards will play in special teams situations with Carter but I'm guessing, sans injury, you're gunna see a lot of this line. It has everything you want in a top 6 line.

Captain Mittens*

I agree with this, but this line is a part of a long term strategy. Richards will play in special teams situations with Carter but I'm guessing, sans injury, you're gunna see a lot of this line. It has everything you want in a top 6 line.

Face wash is back!

hide-yo-kids-hide-yo-wife.jpg

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Sorry fellow Kings fans, but Richards' time is coming to an end.

He is back being the 4th line center. Weal and Shore are not too far away. Andreoff and Lewis can play center.

I really think Lombardi revisits this at the end of this year.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Sorry fellow Kings fans, but Richards' time is coming to an end.

He is back being the 4th line center. Weal and Shore are not too far away. Andreoff and Lewis can play center.

I really think Lombardi revisits this at the end of this year.

yeah he only played 17 mins 36 secs. won 56% of his faceoffs. Playing 2 mins 36 secs on the pp and 1 min 18 secs on the pk Sounds like hes really playing bad to me. :help:

he had more ice time then any king center

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
So the Kings will continue to keep two centers making a combined 9 million on the 3rd and 4th line? Sure.

I'm gonna go with yes… DL and Solomon will figure it out.

The cap will rise ~$6mm (projected - TSN, ESPN, etc) and Regehr will be gone, saving $3mm.

Muzzin and Amart will get a raise. I bet Williams signs a long term deal like Gaborik that is front loaded and averages $4.5mm ($1mm raise). Stoll will take his normal home town discount and sign for a similar amount to what he's making now. Toff and Pearson will get raises, but not astronomical ones as part of a bridge deal.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Is this gonna be the official Mike Richards dump thread this season?

other than the PP turnover he had, not sure how much more can be expected of him playing with guys like nolan. He like brown are off to good starts, just not going to score much outside the top 6

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Richards' said he didn't like being the 4th line center.

I honestly don't think this will last much longer. I think the Kings like Stoll more than Richards' at this point. Stoll has been here longer and is loved in the organization and community and can be had for shorter term and cheaper than Richards' 5-6 remaining years.

Weal was one of the last cuts and would be ideal for a 3rd line center position. Shore could take that spot too.

Reading the two articles linked here and everything I heard this summer, it seemed like Lombardi was weighing the decision.

Kings will need the cap space for Kopitar and Williams soon. I'm calling it now...Richards' is gone by next season.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

I honestly don't think this will last much longer. I think the Kings like Stoll more than Richards' at this point. Stoll has been here longer and is loved in the organization and community and can be had for shorter term and cheaper than Richards' 5-6 remaining years.

Weal was one of the last cuts and would be ideal for a 3rd line center position. Shore could take that spot too.

Reading the two articles linked here and everything I heard this summer, it seemed like Lombardi was weighing the decision.

Kings will need the cap space for Kopitar and Williams soon. I'm calling it now...Richards' is gone by next season.

He won't be, he plays the third/fourth most minutes of all Kings forwards.

The Kings will have enough cap space for Williams/Stoll/Kopitar/Muzzin/Pearson/Toffoli ETC.

Your guys panic over the cap has been nothing more than that....Panic. No one is even sure Shore/Weal can be NHL players....

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

My dangley bits are wedged on a fence paling with this one. He would be the obvious choice to move with his contract, but knowing how he's capable of playing and his ability to cover top minutes if carts or kopi get hurt makes it a very tough decision. If he could get a top player back on an elc then maybe DL blinks first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad