Player Discussion Mike Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
What would it take to get Beaulieu back? If it's nothing he may be ready to listen after a tough year and his skating is elite.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
What would it take to get Beaulieu back? If it's nothing he may be ready to listen after a tough year and his skating is elite.

Management was obviously done with him. Guy is dumb as a rock defensively and supposedly trouble off the ice. Would help the tank though

Jul 6, 2016
Reilly-Mete-Schlemko.... Alzner.... The left side of the D looks (a bit) better this season.

Reactions: cphabs

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Its time to move on from Beaulieu. Theres simply nothing to imply that he has the hockey IQ or puck skills to produce at the NHL level. In Reilly's short time here he was shown that he is what we wanted Beaulieu to be.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Rielly would be an ideal bottom pairing guy, but because our LD side is awful, he his playing in the top 4. Rielly will need to produce on the PP a little more this year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Reilly definitely has the physical tools to be a top 4 PMD who can also man the PP. The question is whether or not he learns from his mistakes, and becomes somewhat competent defensively. Some guys just need some seasoning, others just never get it. I don't know which Reilly is. He was only moved on from MN because he was out of minor league options and they didn't really have room for him on anything but the bottom pairing at best. He was never going to break into the Wild top 4.

For the price you guys paid, Reilly is a pretty enticing lottery ticket. I think his ceiling is as an offensive minded 2nd pairing guy on an average team.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He's certainly making a case for himself in the pre-season. Julien seems to be taking notice too, he's played him a ton. I can't see a scenario right now where he's not on the starting lineup when the season starts.

Reactions: Mrb1p

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think there is some offensive potential in mete that is untapped. He's another one that could benefit from the ahl, but will probably start in the NHL.

I mean, he won't look out of place in the NHL,but I think his offensive production will never meet what he is capable of if we don't give him time in the A.

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad