Player Discussion Mike Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Not a big fan of this "yet another Marc Bergevin projet" but i like his attitude. Going from his interviews it looks like he realize he's not established yet and it looks like he's willing to fight for his place.

He’s at the age now where he needs to prove he’s an everyday NHLer or not. Montreal is the perfect situation for him as there’s plenty of room for him on the left side if he proves he can handle it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not a big fan of this "yet another Marc Bergevin projet" but i like his attitude. Going from his interviews it looks like he realize he's not established yet and it looks like he's willing to fight for his place.

there's 2 MB projects,

type one - find washed up vets that had skills, offer them a cheap contract or PTO and cross fingers that it works out. (Hemsky, Flash, Semin, etc...)

type two - find younger players that haven't had the chances or situation to show what they can do. Weise, Danault, now Peca, Reilly.

MB needs to stay away from type ones now and focus on type two. Peca and Reilly are the kinds of players we should gamble on. Reilly clearly has skills, as he's shown it in the NCAA and AHL but if you don't put him with someone that can help him overcome his defensive issues not sure it will work out too well but would be great for helping us get a top 5 draft pick. Peca I know a lot less about other then I'm just glad our AHL team doesn't have to face him anymore.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I'm actually 6'2, not 6 foot claiming to be 6'2, i don't know how many times i heard i'm 6 foot from guys that are about 5'10 and i'm 6'2 from guys that are barely 6 foot. The NHL displayed height stats are not always accurate either.

I'm 5'10, when I say I'm 5'10 people ask me if I'm not 5'11, cause I'm one of the few people who actually gives out his real height.

Reactions: NobleSix

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
So what do we think about this guy? Last year was the first year I stopped watching the Canadiens, so I haven’t really seen him play. He’s 25 and hasn’t really established himself in the NHL yet just by looking at his stats, but 8 assists in 19 is impressive! (Beaulieu had 8 in 59 games last year, so upgrade I guess?) How was he playing ? We’re those just lucky secondary assists? Could he actually be a top 4 D-man for us going forward? Curious to hear what you guys think of this kid and what his potential is now that he seems to have found a roster spot here.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
So what do we think about this guy? Last year was the first year I stopped watching the Canadiens, so I haven’t really seen him play. He’s 25 and hasn’t really established himself in the NHL yet just by looking at his stats, but 8 assists in 19 is impressive! (Beaulieu had 8 in 59 games last year, so upgrade I guess?) How was he playing ? We’re those just lucky secondary assists? Could he actually be a top 4 D-man for us going forward? Curious to hear what you guys think of this kid and what his potential is now that he seems to have found a roster spot here.

I like him as a bottom 6 with pp duties

He is fast and no not all were secondary assists . He set up Galchy for a one timer

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Good offensive skills, puck moving abilities, terrible decisions and poor defensively. So he's kind of like Beaulieu. You have to put him with someone like Weber who will help cover his defensive short comings and would bring a good transition game since it's not Weber's strong suit.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
You surely meant AHL depth. Cause there's absolutely no NHL depth on the left side of the defense.

There is a lack of top-4 depth. No doubt. But plenty of guys who can play bottowm pairing and a few like Reilly, Mete and the new Czech guys that might be able to step up. Overall, we could really use a stud LD!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm 5'10, when I say I'm 5'10 people ask me if I'm not 5'11, cause I'm one of the few people who actually gives out his real height.

Same here. Legit 5'10" and have been surprised the times I've met NHLers claiming to be anything from 5'9" to 6'0". Theyre usually off by 1-2 inches.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City

I find the obsession with height to be rather funny to be honest. I get a kick out of people who exaggerate their height. Its a weird inferiority complex in some people. A female friend of mine told me the other night that she would never date a guy under 5'10 because she would tower over them because she believed for some reason that she was 5'10. This girl was 5'7 at best, and I towered over her at 5'11. I get the same thing too, people assume I'm over 6'0 because almost everyone adds about 2 inches to their height when they talk about it.

Its probably the single biggest overrated human trait out there. Its like there is a gigantic difference between being 5'10/5'11 and 6'0, so much so that you have to lie about it lol

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I find the obsession with height to be rather funny to be honest. I get a kick out of people who exaggerate their height. Its a weird inferiority complex in some people. A female friend of mine told me the other night that she would never date a guy under 5'10 because she would tower over them because she believed for some reason that she was 5'10. This girl was 5'7 at best, and I towered over her at 5'11. I get the same thing too, people assume I'm over 6'0 because almost everyone adds about 2 inches to their height when they talk about it.

Its probably the single biggest overrated human trait out there. Its like there is a gigantic difference between being 5'10/5'11 and 6'0, so much so that you have to lie about it lol

As a 5'6 guy i strongly disagree. In hockey it's a significant disadvantage.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Last year Reilly had 8 points in 19 games and Beaulieu had 9 in 59...
Reilly had 10 in 38 in Minnesota, had 5 in his first 8 for the habs. Beaulieu had the better stats previously, both seemed to be defensively challenged. Reilly wont stay in the league on the paces he has if he is a defensive liability.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Reilly had 10 in 38 in Minnesota, had 5 in his first 8 for the habs. Beaulieu had the better stats previously, both seemed to be defensively challenged. Reilly wont stay in the league on the paces he has if he is a defensive liability.
I wouldn't be surprised if Beaulieu goes through waivers this year. All he has is skating. My point still stands Reilly produces more.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
As a 5'6 guy i strongly disagree. In hockey it's a significant disadvantage.

That statement was in respect to a social context.

In professional sports, height obviously matters, and can put players at a disadvantage. With that said, at the same time, it's importance is still overemphasized in hockey imo.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
A complete bust having a chance to be on first pairing in this team ,,,,,
Fits perfectly into this organisation....lolll

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
A complete bust having a chance to be on first pairing in this team ,,,,,
Fits perfectly into this organisation....lolll

Not sure how a 4th round pick that has over 100 NHL games and was on pace for 26 pts last season (18 in 57 games) is a complete bust. To me a complete bust would be one that doesn't even make the NHL. For a 4th round pick, Reilly has beaten the odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->