Former Bruins Mike Reilly: Bought Out

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Is that enough ?

Only place we're going to find out is in the spring. To me our D has enough talent, is now contributing more offensively, and is solid in its own end even though I think there is room for improvement there.

The one thing I would really like to see added before the deadline is a cheap 3rd pair guy who is physical, tough and experienced, in the Kevan Miller mould. Someone who can intimidate and push back the opposition while still being good at the basics. Give me that and I'd back our defense in against anyone.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Only place we're going to find out is in the spring. To me our D has enough talent, is now contributing more offensively, and is solid in its own end even though I think there is room for improvement there.

The one thing I would really like to see added before the deadline is a cheap 3rd pair guy who is physical, tough and experienced, in the Kevan Miller mould. Someone who can intimidate and push back the opposition while still being good at the basics. Give me that and I'd back our defense in against anyone.
We saw that guy last night in Luke Schenn, not quite as tough as Killer, but tough enough, playing really well for the Canucks (maybe the only guy other than Horvat), on the last year of a cheap deal

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Same players, but Cliffy is significantly better. Lindholm has had a full off season with the team, and it shows. McAvoy's better years are still ahead of him and Grizz is playing with a healthy shoulder, instead of limping through the back half of the season and playoffs with basically one arm. Can't underestimate Gruden's impact on the back end as well.

When healthy, I'd stack those 6 up against anyone.
We’re getting bonafide Norris Trophy level play from our second best defenseman. It’s not the same defense.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
We saw that guy last night in Luke Schenn, not quite as tough as Killer, but tough enough, playing really well for the Canucks (maybe the only guy other than Horvat), on the last year of a cheap deal

Yeah good candidate for sure. Dual Cup winner, experienced, hard to shift, cheap, and on a team that should be looking to deal. Would be more than happy to rent him for a Cup push.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Interesting point what would it take....

Well Schenn's a 3rd pair D on an expiring contract, so hopefully a 2nd and a little extra might be enough. The Bruins got Reilly for a 3rd but Schenn has better credentials so will probably require a bit more. But a 2nd plus change I'd be happy with.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I’d like to believe we have the deepest top 6 D in the league but do we really? Isn’t it pretty well the same group that lost in round 1 last year ? Utilizing Lindholm and McAvoy on different pairs certainly changes the dynamic .

Grizz and Mac are both playing with healthy shoulders this season. Lindholm has settled in-he was good last playoffs, but not this good. Now he is comfortable and settled in and we are seeing what he really brings. Clifton is playing miles above last season too. So the same, but not really the same.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
What's the latest on this guy? Last I heard he was stretchered off the ice in Providence a couple weeks ago and haven't seen any reporting on the injury. Is he done for the year?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Best of luck to him. Bad situation to the player and team. Hope someone picks him up, really not a bad bottom pairing defenseman.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He's not a bad player, just never fit here. I wish him well, he is good enough to deserve regular playing time somewhere, but yeah, that 3 year deal (like Moore's) was a head scratcher. I guess Sweeney wanted the depth insurance in both cases, but ends up buying both out. Dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad