Mike Modano

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
The players, systems and goalies are much better today than they were when Modano was in his prime.

He wouldn't be close to 100 points in today's hockey.

#nostalgiaglassessuck

The modern pair of glasses tend to be equally flawed, IMO. Doesnt seem to matter the subject, everyone seems to thinks they were born in the best generation.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Modano is the reason is I became a North Stars/Stars fan. He'll always have a special place in my heart and he's a great player.

Would he be as good as the guys who are playing now? Hard to tell. Modano had a ton of talent so who knows what he could have been had he played with some better players and not with a coach he turned him into a hell of a two-way player.

All in all, I don't care what other say about him. He was on the team that won us a Cup and that's all that matters to me as a Stars fan.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Today, Ralph said Zubov was a better player and more important to the 99 Cup team. I'm sure that'll anger Modano fans (and Modano).

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Today, Ralph said Zubov was a better player and more important to the 99 Cup team. I'm sure that'll anger Modano fans (and Modano).
The Cup doesn't happen without Either of them, But while Ralph saying it doesn't mean ****, in this instance he is probably right. I'd take a Zubov over pretty much any other player in Stars History.
Regardless of who was or was not "more important" neither player has a cup in 99 without the other

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad