WEEI Mike Milbury takes issue with Jim Montgomery's Don Cherry impression

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I can confirm he was a huge Habs fan. I went to high school with Monty (he was a year older), and we were 3-4 Bruins fans in the entire school and 2 of us had Middleton jerseys. I'd wear them the day after a Bruins win vs Habs and the guy would tease the hell out of me. We used to have an after school cosom hockey league and he was by far the best player, but he'd still take some time to remind me about the Habs having more cups than the B's during the game.

He was an arrogant SOB back then but it appears he has used the last 37 years life to mature and evolve, LOL. After this past season, all is forgiven for the teasing.
Monty says the same shit last year and this thread would all positive Millbury posts, Cherry did a hell of job here in Boston and was well respected by the players , and I am not a big Millbury fan but he did the right thing standing up for his coach............You can take the boy out of the Hab but you can't take Hab out of the boy.............

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Third attempt at a reply to this.

What would you say about Ray Bourque and Claude Julien?

I’d say their contributions to the Boston Bruins have been monumental.
Wow !!! you do seem to take my post a too serious , take a breath my friend you will feel better about yourself.......

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Wow !!! you do seem to take my post a too serious , take a breath my friend you will feel better about yourself.......
I feel plenty fine about myself and there’s nothing wrong with my breathing, but I do think I misread the tone in which your post was offered.

No worries, my friend. Thanks for clarifying.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I feel plenty fine about myself and there’s nothing wrong with my breathing, but I do think I misread the tone in which your post was offered.

No worries, my friend. Thanks for clarifying.
Good glad you are feeling fine no harm no foul , lets enjoy the playoffs now ........

Reactions: rfournier103

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I can confirm he was a huge Habs fan. I went to high school with Monty (he was a year older), and we were 3-4 Bruins fans in the entire school and 2 of us had Middleton jerseys. I'd wear them the day after a Bruins win vs Habs and the guy would tease the hell out of me. We used to have an after school cosom hockey league and he was by far the best player, but he'd still take some time to remind me about the Habs having more cups than the B's during the game.

He was an arrogant SOB back then but it appears he has used the last 37 years life to mature and evolve, LOL. After this past season, all is forgiven for the teasing.
Haha. Good stuff. I was around Monty some 2000ish when he would have been 30 or so yrs old. I wouldn't have called him arrogant at that point in his life, but definitely confident to the point of being perceived as a little on the cocky side. He backed it up on the ice (very good offensive player). I can see why he has been an effective leader from his college days at Maine all the way up to his head coaching years. Dude very much believes in himself and apparently is good at helping his players take on that same attitude about themselves.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The young me would jump all over this link and get royally pissed by these two.

But I'm going to step away from the edge.

It's possible I'm maturing in my old age. Either that or I'm weak and beaten down and know this would do me real damage. One of the two, definitely.:laugh:

Then add in Stan Fischler and it might create a vacuum so strong it actually reverses the universe inside out!

To my knowledge, Stan Fischler is not a bitter old man.

Yes, he coined BBB and obviously has affection for the B's, though the Rangers are his hometown team. I have no problem with Stan.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It was less than 2 months later. Before the 75-76 season, he was offered 2.5 Million + 1 Million signing bonus by the Vancouver Blazers. Out of loyalty to the Bruins, he signed with them for just over 1 million over 4 years. Harry traded him 12 games into the season, November of '75. Harry screwed Phil big time, and any hatred Phil has was well earned.

I didn't know this. If that's the root of Esposito's bitterness, no wonder.

I thought Phil was hurt and felt betrayed after doing so much to contribute to the club's success. That's always been my surmise.

As everyone knows, Phil is an emotional, sometimes volatile guy. It's one of the reasons the Blackhawks were willing to part with him and his relatively impressive point totals.

He's not exactly a cold, calculating guy.

Sinden is.

Esposito should have gotten it in writing.

Sinden's handshake would send me to the shower forthwith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad