WEEI Mike Milbury calls out Phil Kessel for being a dog

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
My favorite Phil Kessel moment was when the US inexplicably (and stupidly) left him off the national team and when they lost he made a joke on Twitter causing humorless hardo David Backes to react like a giant f***ing baby.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
For the last time, eff Mike Milbury, a great coach for the B's and an awful GM for NYI.

Every single one of his "hot takes" per the B's have been click bait negative.

What does that tell you?

Love ya, Mike, but get a life.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
My favorite comment ever regarding Phil Kessel is Milbury describing him as having a “dumpy” body type. Never change Mad Mike, never change.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
My favorite Phil Kessel moment was when the US inexplicably (and stupidly) left him off the national team and when they lost he made a joke on Twitter causing humorless hardo David Backes to react like a giant f***ing baby.

It didn’t even make sense.

I mean, getting passed over for the team didn’t make sense either. But somehow Backes found a way to be offended by Phil making a self-deprecating joke.

Reactions: EverettMike

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
ZHjm5GF_d.webp

I’m not seeing any resemblance :sarcasm:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Phil Kessel has better career playoff numbers than

Bergeron
Krejci
Toews
Kopitar

And the list goes on

calling Kessel a dog and not someone you would want on your team in the playoffs is laughable
Phil Kessell also was on Cup winning teams that involved the likes of the Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkins of the world

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
For the last time, eff Mike Milbury, a great coach for the B's and an awful GM for NYI.

Every single one of his "hot takes" per the B's have been click bait negative.

What does that tell you?

Love ya, Mike, but get a life.
He also left B.C high and dry........

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Mike is an odd dude. He's like the kid you sort of hung out with in high school. At times he could be good value for money so he was sort of in play, and at times he was just f***ed up and a major pain in the ass.

The kind of kid that you didn't even try to defend. "You know, your buddy Mike is an ass." got a response of "Yeah, he is kind of tapped in the head"

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I agree with Milbury on 1 thing .I dont think Phil gets there either with iron man if he played a full 200ft(not every player is that way but this is about Milburys comments). He rarely ever sees a corner I agree with &chubby and out of shape has caught up to him is my opinion.Milbury might be a dick but he is not always wrong.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I agree with Milbury on 1 thing .I dont think Phil gets there either with iron man if he played a full 200ft(not every player is that way but this is about Milburys comments). He rarely ever sees a corner I agree with &chubby and out of shape has caught up to him is my opinion.Milbury might be a dick but he is not always wrong.

You understand a lot of that is from the cancer meds and steroids right?

bruwinz73

Jan 16, 2021
Mike Milburn was a terrible hockey player who skated worse than most men’s C league players today and is the worst GM of all time. Kessel has shortcomings but he is an incredibly gifted hockey player that has consistently shown up when it counts.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Terrible take. Just awful. Almost in awe of how bad it is. Might print it out. No custom frame though. Something I can grab at Christmas Tree Shop at most.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Mike Milburn was a terrible hockey player who skated worse than most men’s C league players today and is the worst GM of all time. Kessel has shortcomings but he is an incredibly gifted hockey player that has consistently shown up when it counts.

Milbury should be banned from analyzing hockey for the way he ruined the Islanders.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
You mean the NHL's top 40 goal scorer than never scored 40 goals?

All kidding aside, would love to see what he (or Seguin) could do here not with Clode as the coach. Plus with my NHL fandom waning, I am all for a trade for someone who's name I recognize!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad