WEEI Mike Milbury calls out Phil Kessel for being a dog

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Is Milbury feeling the creeping hand of irrelevancy again? Guess what Mike, it's too late. You're yesterday's news. Say something meaningful, or crawl back to your comfortable little Cape Cod bolthole and stay there.

Reactions: BMC and 13Hockey

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
phil-kessel-2022-7166.jpg

Does this look like a dog to you???

Reactions: BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Phil Kessel has better career playoff numbers than

Bergeron
Krejci
Toews
Kopitar

And the list goes on

calling Kessel a dog and not someone you would want on your team in the playoffs is laughable
Look who he played with. 2 back to back Cup Penguin teams.
His career +/- is garbage.
That said I am down for getting him for a run.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Is Milbury feeling the creeping hand of irrelevancy again? Guess what Mike, it's too late. You're yesterday's news. Say something meaningful, or crawl back to your comfortable little Cape Cod bolthole and stay there.
Milbury, is a tool. He hates the Bruins. He wanted the job when Coach Julian was let go.He was bypassed over and he’s still mad about. He uses WEEI so he can trash them. Believe me they know his game. Look it I’m iffy on Kessel either way but Milbury’s play is getting old.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Milbury should stick a shoe in it...lol. Loved him as a player & coach of some really good Bruins teams. Media person....not so much.

Reactions: BMC

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
A hot dog

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2018-03-09-at-8.14.33-AM.png
    Screen-Shot-2018-03-09-at-8.14.33-AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
"Dog" is kind of strong.

I may be on an island here, but I kind of view Phil in much the same way as I view Joe Thornton. If you're counting on either of them to lead your team to a Stanley Cup, you're probably going to be disappointed because I don't think they have the right temperament. But Phil was an excellent complementary piece to the Malkin/Crosby Penguins.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
"Dog" is kind of strong.

I may be on an island here, but I kind of view Phil in much the same way as I view Joe Thornton. If you're counting on either of them to lead your team to a Stanley Cup, you're probably going to be disappointed because I don't think they have the right temperament. But Phil was an excellent complementary piece to the Malkin/Crosby Penguins.
good point although I think Joe always had a fire burning to win far greater than Phil. I think Kessel is a guy whose made a career on his skill set alone. When he`s gone, won`t be remembered as a guy who worked his ass off at getting better but was a nice complimentary piece as you mentioned

Not sure Phil ever felt bad after a loss

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Look who he played with. 2 back to back Cup Penguin teams.
His career +/- is garbage.
That said I am down for getting him for a run.

Yeah and he was the Pens best player on those 2 Cups and got robbed of a Smythe because "CrOsBy". He led them in playoff goals and points in 2016.

Dont forget he's been a playoff stud away from Pittsburgh. 15 points in 15 games here in Boston and he's why the Bruins needed that comeback in 2013 against Toronto going for 4 goals and 6 points in the 7 games.

Then again, the fact that you're quoting +/- tells me all I need to know

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad