Mike Matheson receiving Death Threats

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Enraged Canucks fans direct anger at Matheson's adorable dog

“There are thousands of people commenting things on my social-media pages — sending me death threats, wishing I would commit suicide or get cancer — that’s bringing things to a whole new level,” Matheson told The Athletic. “People have even threatened my dog.”

Here's the lowdown on fan base bashing. You can talk about idiot fans who do stupid things. No problem. The people that are the topic of this thread are definitely that. What you cannot do is generalize and lump all fans together under one giant black umbrella. There are two reasons for that. Number one, it's stupid. Number two, it never leads anywhere good in the discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dkhockey

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
While I think this is reprehinsible behavior, I view it more of a byproduct of passion and love for the sport. Let's not judge the group by the actions of the vocal minority.

On a separate note, I couldn't imagine the collection of hate mail Benning has accumulated over his tenure. No wonder Friedman was talking about how downtrotten he is.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Ok well two wrongs dont make a right but whatevs
11ndkd.jpg

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Here's the lowdown on fan base bashing. You can talk about idiot fans who do stupid things. No problem. The people that are the topic of this thread are definitely that. What you cannot do is generalize and lump all fans together under one giant black umbrella. There are two reasons for that. Number one, it's stupid. Number two, it never leads anywhere good in the discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad