Mike Matheson receiving Death Threats

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Found one of them.

forrest-gump-waving-gif-7.gif

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Whoever is doing that is beyond stupid.

I really hope they go to jail. It's like the people who tweet deaththreats to Trump or that Kavanaugh and then get swatted and are like "WHAT I DO?!!!!". There are so many stupid people in this world.

Imagine the jail talk...

"Whatchyu in for?"
"Burglary"
"Armed robbery"
"I tweeted at a hockey player who body slammed my teams rookie"

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
First you like this two posts:

Than you come back with this post:

We are talking about you (FINGER POINTING) in this thread.

I've given this some more thought and you're right. I don't think I went far enough in my criticism of the people who made the threats. Depending on the nature of the threat, it's a criminal act and whatever legal action Matheson wants to take is warranted. Extremely dumb thing to do.

Initially I didn't think that the threats were credible at all. In fact, I still don't. I think it was just some angry fans, probably young kids, venting and I'm sure they regretted it later. However it makes sense to treat any threat like this very seriously regardless of whether or not they're credible. So I apologize and I'm truly saddened that we live in a world where this kind of stuff happens so often that we're often desensitized to it and even expect it.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Unfortunate that the minority of Canucks fans really ruins that team's reputation.

lJ1O1zc.jpg

This is the dog fyi. Florida has a small fanbase, but no one targeted Domi. Hopefully Petterson is fine but this is ridiculous now.
I guess those nut cases figure it's a fair to hurt the dog considering the dog and Petterson weigh about the same.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Whoever is doing that is beyond stupid.

I really hope they go to jail. It's like the people who tweet deaththreats to Trump or that Kavanaugh and then get swatted and are like "WHAT I DO?!!!!". There are so many stupid people in this world.

Imagine the jail talk...

"Whatchyu in for?"
"Burglary"
"Armed robbery"
"I tweeted at a hockey player who body slammed my teams rookie"
That's not what you think it means.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Unfortunate that the minority of Canucks fans really ruins that team's reputation.

lJ1O1zc.jpg

This is the dog fyi. Florida has a small fanbase, but no one targeted Domi. Hopefully Petterson is fine but this is ridiculous now.

He looks vicious. Pit bull cross breed?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Seriously? Over a little play like that? Sure it was a 2 game suspension and I agree but wow some people are just ****ed. Not like he is a repeat offender who always attempts to injure players

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Think it's unfair to make this about Canucks fans. For these reasons:

1) People are idiots online, especially when they can hide behind anonymity.
2) Sports fans tend to be even more so, at least more confrontational.
3) Canucks fans emotional attachment to Pettersson is at its absolute highest right now.

I'd guess that if it was Marner, the reaction would be just as bad and twice as loud. Buffalo fans would go nuts if it was Dahlin. Heck, if we listened real close, we might even hear a peep of outrage from Carolina if it happened to Aho.

Point being, it's the circumstances bringing out idiocy, not the particular fanbase.

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
I have to google Matheson - no clue who is.

Also, people are not their behaviors. Forgive the person not the behavior.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
While I think this is reprehinsible behavior, I view it more of a byproduct of passion and love for the sport. Let's not judge the group by the actions of the vocal minority.

On a separate note, I couldn't imagine the collection of hate mail Benning has accumulated over his tenure. No wonder Friedman was talking about how downtrotten he is.

The issue is this same vocal minority rioted after a loss. I wont cut them much slack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad