Injury Report: Mike Kostka diagnosed with a concussion (out indefinitely)

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Not good! Any idea on timetable?

Kostka certainly isn't our best defender but I feel hes been better than the alternatives..

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Not good! Any idea on timetable?

Kostka certainly isn't our best defender but I feel hes been better than the alternatives..

With concussions you never know. The playoffs start in exactly 2 weeks. Hopefully he's back sooner than later.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
TBH I was shocked that they let him get up and skate on his own after lying out cold on the ice for minutes. Tom Mulligan should've known better.

I guess this means Barberio returns to the lineup. He's the closest to Kostka in play style.

Get well soon, Mike!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No surprise there, Barberio draws back in which isn't gonna be an issue since he has been playing well when he's in. Kostka should be back for the playoffs but depends on how Barberio plays to determine if we put him back in or not.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Really hope for a swift recovery for Kostka!

As for the team I feel it's an upgrade playing Barbs, just wish this change would have happened on other terms than a nasty hit to the head...

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
It's aweful it happened, but I'm glad thats all it was. Concussions are bad, but it looked like he could have had a neck injury with how violent the hit is.

While I never want to see a guy get a big injury like this, at least barberio is a good stand in for him.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes
Stamkos on Murray hit on Kostka: "One of the worst I've seen live. ... He's a clean, honest player, but that particular play was dirty."

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Maybe if he had allowed himself to be taken off on a stretcher, Murray would have been suspended more games.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Speedy recovery for Kostko, hope it doesn't hinder his play going forward, you never know with head injuries :(

5+ games for that tool Murray. It was, without homer glasses on, the worst hit this season

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Hope he makes it back for the POs terrible play by Murray but sadly sometimes when you get beat your instinct to slow a guy up takes over and you throw out an arm or a knee and bad things happen. Sucks for the loss on the Bolts roster.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Sustr back up I guess? Would like to give him another shot - when he's on he's pretty damn good.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Why is anyone coming up? Aulie and Barbs will rotate that 6th spot.

Could be a couple different things. If they call up Sustr, it's because they like having that right handed shot in their combos. Aulie and Barbs are both lefties. It could also be they don't trust Barbs and Aulie as much. So then we might go back to 7 D, so maybe they'd like to have that 8th defenseman standing by. Also reading some of the things said by Coop and BriseBois when we picked Kostka off waivers, they might have made that move because Sustr and Cote were injuried at the time. Sustr is healthy now.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Why is anyone coming up? Aulie and Barbs will rotate that 6th spot.

You always call players up for the playoffs after their seasons end. Experience the atmosphere or maybe even get into a game or two. They are called Black Aces.

When Syracuse is done in a few games, if be surprised not to see Sustr, Connolly, and a few others up here.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news....elinski&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
At the conclusion of Tuesday's game Michael Kostka checked his phone and had already received a text message from Montreal Canadiens defenseman Douglas Murray apologizing for the hit that left Kostka momentarily motionless on the ice.

"Classy move," Kostka said. "I don't think he had malicious intent, but needless to say it was a bad hit."

Koskta said after leaving the ice for the trainers' room it took him about 20 minutes to realize what was going on. The defenseman did not have any recollection of the hit, but had a chance to watch it on tape.
http://twitter.com/LightningTimes
Kostka said he feels pretty good all things considered. Said still no timetable for his return.

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva
3 games suspension for Douglas Murray. #nhl #canadiens #tvasports

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad