mike komisarek

ginnungagap

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
If he was only on the books for this season maybe- but even that would be a maybe. He's been bad enough for long enough that there's no way I would want to be committed to $4.5mil for another season.

Sure, if he didn't work there's always a buyout and it ain't my money... but there aren't too many folks rich enough they would go into a situation half (if not more) expecting to flush $3mil down the toilet.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If we trade for D help, it better be better than Mike Komisarek.

RedWingsNow*

Plus:
Big
Hits hard
Right handed
Can move the puck decently
Good character guy

Bad;
Nearly as injury prone as CC
Another Leafs hand-me-down??
Has been scratched by the leafs

RedWingsNow*

If we could count on Komi to stay healthy, I'd take him over Quincey or CC or Lashoff -- no question

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
If we could count on Komi to stay healthy, I'd take him over Quincey or CC or Lashoff -- no question

I wouldn't. He is slow, no hockey IQ, and his only defensive move is bring a forward down with him.

I wouldn't want him even if he was free

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
not only does he suck but his contract would probably kill any realistic shot at a Perry or Getzlaf if one of them hits the market this summer

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
There is literally no defenseman on this team over whom I'd take Komisarek.

RedWingsNow*

I take it you dont catch many leaf games than :laugh:

I take it you don't catch many Wings games then :laugh:

Only Saturdays when the Wings aren't on.
But I don't think I've seen Komi much.

I saw him last year. He has negatives for sure. But he also has positives that he can bring that nobody else on our team can bring, and that very few available defenseman can bring

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
I doubt the Wings would consider even giving up a 7th for him. Kenny has shown that he prefers any reclamation projects to be done via free agency where he Wings have control over the dollars and term.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This is the only way I could take him:

Komisarek + TOR 1st
<>
Wings 7th rounder

I think no one is interested in him. He probably will be bought out next summer, and then as a free agent he could be interesting to have for 1M or something like Redden was signed.

RedWingsNow*

Regardless about whether you think he's average or way below average, his injury history makes it pointless

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Komisarek commits a penalizing play 95% of the time he is on the ice. Whether refs call it or not is up to them. But he would've been an awesome guy to have in dead puck era.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I take it you don't catch many Wings games then :laugh:

Only Saturdays when the Wings aren't on.
But I don't think I've seen Komi much.

I saw him last year. He has negatives for sure. But he also has positives that he can bring that nobody else on our team can bring, and that very few available defenseman can bring

What positives does he bring? Hes not better than any of the stay at home types on the wings (Ericcson, Lashoff) especially for the money. He has that big of a contract and has been a consistent healthy scratch on a team that is generally bad defensively.

This is a case of the grass being greener on the other side, Komi is a plug

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
Would be hilarious.

Babcock would probably play him 28 minutes a night.

"He's a big body and plays realgood."

I can see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad