mike komisarek

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Pass! I'd be SO pissed if Holland picked him up!!! But if he was bold (for the lack of a better word) enough to pick up Sammy I wouldn't be shocked at this move. But I don't see it happening we got a young defense that seems to be gelling finally, and I don't see them rolling the dice and risk screwing it up. I mean Ian White is scratched and Komisarek is worse in my opinion than he his and with his price tag NO WAY.

RussianFive

Mar 3, 2013
No thanks. Slow, injury-prone and a liability for penalties.

This is the only way I could take him:

I think no one is interested in him. He probably will be bought out next summer, and then as a free agent he could be interesting to have for 1M or something like Redden was signed.

Completely agree. Someone will be in for him in the summer at a knockdown price.

CloneHakanPlease*

Only way I'd want him ever to be in our organization if they ship Komi + a 2nd to us for future considerations and we just bury him in the minors.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Hilarious that a guy like him would wear an A. I get that we as fans aren't "in" on the dressing room ongoings, but who would respect a guy who constantly takes awful penalties and makes awful turnovers?

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
This is the only way I could take him:

Komisarek + TOR 1st
<>
Wings 7th rounder

Would you REALLY want that ridiculous contract of his on the books when the the cap goes down during the offseason?

As with others here, I wouldn't want him even if he were given for free.

Only way I'd want him ever to be in our organization if they ship Komi + a 2nd to us for future considerations and we just bury him in the minors.

The new CBA does not allow for burying contracts in the minors.

I take it you don't catch many Wings games then :laugh:

He's been a regular poster on LGW for years. He regularly posts in GDTs. I'm certain that he watches plenty of Wings games. And in this event, he is right and you are wrong.

I saw him last year. He has negatives for sure. But he also has positives that he can bring that nobody else on our team can bring, and that very few available defenseman can bring

The only thing he can bring that few available defensemen can is a large, utterly unjustified contract. You vastly overestimate his abilities. Perhaps you are thinking about the Komisarek of five years ago. If so, your impression of him is utterly outdated.

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
2qss3fl.jpg

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Would you REALLY want that ridiculous contract of his on the books when the the cap goes down during the offseason?

Yes, if you can get a 1st rounder just by burning money, I'll take it any day.

The new CBA does not allow for burying contracts in the minors.

It does allow.

But it leaves a caphit with a formula: Caphit - 900k. (Everything under 900k is counted as zero.)

So Komisarek burned to minors would be 4.5M caphit - 900k = 3.6 caphit
Putting Eaves to minors would leave 1.2M - 900k = 300k caphit.

Etc.

But really there's no other scenario from Toronto's sight than a compliance buyout for Komisarek. All the other discussion is just a waste of time.

Last edited:

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
Absolutely not.

The only thing enticing about this is the fact that he's a rightie... and maybe his perceived toughness, if they could ever find a way to reel him in and not be a walking penalty machine. Otherwise, I see far too many red flags here. The guy just isn't any good at this point.

Man, we really need to start looking beyond castoffs, especially Leafs castoffs. Colaiacovo, White... when does it end?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Absolutely not.

The only thing enticing about this is the fact that he's a rightie... and maybe his perceived toughness, if they could ever find a way to reel him in and not be a walking penalty machine. Otherwise, I see far too many red flags here. The guy just isn't any good at this point.

Man, we really need to start looking beyond castoffs, especially Leafs castoffs. Colaiacovo, White... when does it end?

please add "the monster" to that list

maybe KH was in love with Harold Ballard...

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Yes, if you can get a 1st rounder just by burning money, I'll take it any day.

I question if you've really thought this through. That $4.5m contract would handcuff the team during the offseason. That is assuredly not worth a first-rounder.

It does allow.

But it leaves a caphit with a formula: Caphit - 900k. (Everything under 900k is counted as zero.)

So Komisarek burned to minors would be 4.5M caphit - 900k = 3.6 caphit
Putting Eaves to minors would leave 1.2M - 900k = 300k caphit.

Etc.

Incorrect. Any player making over 900K has his full salary counted against the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad