Rumor: Mike Komisarek: Gave a list of 12 teams, but wants a trade.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
If he's allowed to opt out of the terms on his no-trade clause in his contract, then he should do the same for his no-movement clause and play in the Marlies until the Leafs trade him.

It's the AHL, yes. But at least he is playing.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I'm thinking if he was easily moveable he would be gone by now.

Leafs might have to eat salary and cap for next year to make this happen.

4.5 cap hit 3.5 actual salary til the end of next season. I think you're right though, we'll have to eat some of his salary/cap hit or take back a similarly overpaid scrub...I'd rather eat some salary and get back a pick, any pick will do.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I'm thinking if he was easily moveable he would be gone by now.

Leafs might have to eat salary and cap for next year to make this happen.

That would be unforgivable. Just buy him out at the end of the year...there's no need to handcuff your salary cap structure just to please a wildly under performing player who has had many chances in this city.

Asif16*

Sad to hear. Really nice guy. Definitely overpaid but was starting to turn it around this year. Still not sure why carlyle doesnt play him. Funny thing was, i thought Komi was gonna turn his career around under Carlyle but didnt happen. Ah well. Lets see what we can get for him

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
:shakehead he's played perfectly well this year and the end of last and absolutely does not deserve to be scratched over a guy like Holzer. He should be playing.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Last year, I would be happy at this. But komi could thrive under carlyle and he played really good in the couple of games he's had. I was hoping for a while now that RC would put him in because he deserves a chance.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
I think the leafs should make some moves right now while they are playing well. Now is the time to get some good picks (I would even consider moving grabo, macarthur and even kessel).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I really feel bad for the guy.

He was royally screwed under Wilson's tenure, and he was playing well under Carlyle's system until ...eye injury slash being benched. Komi wasn't as bad as his play indicated, and I hope that he does get traded so he can.

Seemed solid. But I guess the organization needs to move forward with the Fraser, Kostka and Holzer experiments instead of a guy who is off the books soon.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
:shakehead he's played perfectly well this year and the end of last and absolutely does not deserve to be scratched over a guy like Holzer. He should be playing.

Holzer sucks, but I guess they're committed to developing youth...

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
The thing is, I would much rather have komi playing than Holzer or even Liles.

He has shown that he can play quite well in a defensive system this year. I don't give a **** what haters say, I think he could have performed well under Carlyle.

If he does leave, I hope the best for him. Look how well Schenn is playing away from RW, Komiserek can definitely make a similar bounce back for another team.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Sure, he has played well this season (when he did get a chance to play) but there are players making less than half the salary he does who can do what he was brought in to do

plus they have a long-term future with the team because they are younger
ie. Holzer

darty

Dec 1, 2008
I still don't understand why he hasn't been given another look since the incident at practice with his freak eye injury. He never had a noticeably bad game this year and plays a style that Carlyle should favour... there must be some reason for him not playing.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Komisarek yet another Burke mistake that Nonis needs to clean up. And as bad as Finger signing was for Fletcher, at least he never gave Finger a NMC like Komi has meaning that Komi cannot be waived to the AHL. This was a terrible signing that hurt the leafs defence and Phaneuf's effectivness.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Never understood the hate some have for this guy. Management brought him in and tried to fit a square peg in a round hole and it didn't work. I don't recall Komisarek complaining or ever being anything but a good soldier. He is rotting away in the press box and needs to start thinking bout his own future. It is obvious his time is done here and the quicker he gets a chance to prove himself somewhere else the better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad